You ever buy a gun and were like why did I buy this gun!!!!

Jamie557

Have you ever bought a really expensive gun and were like why did I buy that!!!! I bought an AR-10 (Daniels Defense Ambush 308) and it has no real world application. But I just had to have it because Hillary was gonna take away my right to buy one some day lol.

I already own a 300 win mag, a 30.06 and a 7.62 x 54r. Its not like I didnt have the 30 caliber covered. I could have bought 2 or 3 other guns and had more fun!!!!.

I guess I have buyers remorse. I dont even know if I will shoot it. Its been 9 months and its sat in the gun safe lol

Just once--bought a 416 Rem. when they first came out. Played with it a bit and was able to sell it so no harm done.

Yes I have a couple right now. I have owned them for over 2years and have not fired them yet. Both used bench rifles.

I have probably bought several guns I didn't need.
But I never second guess my gun purchases. My wife does, but I don't..:)

Yeah, I bought a Sig 239 in 40S&W that I just had to have for concealed carry. Now that's some joke. It shoots like a dream but the fully loaded gun is heavy enough to pull your pants off, it's far too bulky to conceal properly (unless I want to live in an overcoat) and I could have bought two M&P Shields (which I ended up doing anyway) for the price of the Sig.
Live and learn. Glad I took my time when I selected my wife.. :)

I bought a Sako Finnbear 30-06 in 1968. That was the first gun I ever bought. The 20+ guns purchased after that were entirely not needed as the 06 can do it all. Does it bother me that I have all those other guns that I don't need? No, not in the least.

Yep, went on Glock buying binge had to have one in every room in the house, what for? I don't know,,,, seemed like the thing to do at the moment. :D

I bought a .338 Lapua with a 22 inch barrel!! I thought it was 26 inches!! I sold it probably a month after I bought. Thank god!!

Never had a problem with buyers remorse, sellers remorse is another thing though. 20-30 years ago I sold and swapped guns that I wish I had kept.

I took a risk and bought a late model Marlin 39A Golden boy.

I paid way too much for a rifle that came to me as a ***.

I searched all over the internet for how to make it right and did it myself because I also learned that sending it back to Marlin for repair was a big gamble on the time involved and whether anything would be right when I got it back.

That rifle really broke my heart because I have wanted one since high school and finally save my money to buy one.

Never again.

Bought a Remington 700 7mm mag last July. It had excessive headspace and extraction problems right out of the box. Tried to get it to shoot anyway (dumb). It's now at Remington getting fixed (I hope). There's been many times where I wished I'd went with the Savage.

Thought I'd treat myself to a Cooper a few years ago=22ppc. It shot great but the wood was too Purdy for this old redneck.....about cryed the first dings I put in it. Sold it for more than I paid and replaced it with three J action Savages for the same $$$
Years ago I picked up a beautiful Winchester 70 in 22-250 for coyote hunting. I thought the 18 inch barrel would be handy=WRONG it was loud inaccurate and SLOW.....traded it for a Ruger 7mag that has served me well over the years.
Then there is the Savage Striker sitting in the safe....Great shooter just not my cup of tea, should sell it but????

A few times. Wonderful thing about guns...there's a market for just about anything. Sell it and buy a new one.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.