If you were buying this rifle: Pick the stock finish!

What look for this stock?

• Glossy and colorful benchrest look (blue flames or something!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mattj

Hi guys,

For reasons I don't need to get into here (none to do with the awesomeness of the rifle), I'm going to be parting with my custom long range rig here in the near future. It's this one:

ssg-right.jpg

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/my-custom-ssg-300-rum-pierce-russo-seekins-37427/

My DIY finish on the stock is less than the rifle deserves, and apparently the blue-blue laminate is a niche taste, because it seems that most folks I show it to aren't crazy about it.

As a result, I'm strongly considering having the stock refinished to something more universally appealing before trying to sell it.

After looking into it and talking to them, I'm pretty sure I would have the stock dip-finished by these guys:
Water Transfer Printing / HydroGraphics / Camo Dipping (their website seems to like IE)

Since my choice in stock finish is apparently questionable, I thought I'd bring this to you guys...

What hydro-dip pattern would you want if this were going to be your rifle?

Flat or glossy?

Super bright benchrest look, carbon fiber look, true camo pattern, snakeskin, non-camo pattern but in earth-tone camo-like colors? You can see examples in the gallery on their website...

Your opinions appreciated :)

Re: If you were buying this rifle: Pick the stock finish!

i have been called crazy..stupid..nuts and many other names...lmao...but i wouldn't change it...i kinda like it the color combo works for me!

IMHO Leave it as is. Targets and riflesmith will sell that thing faster than any finish you could put on it!

Okay, you guys win, I'll leave it alone :) Thanks for the input.

In that case, she'll probably be up in the classified section by the weekend.

-Matt

Always sickening to see a guy part with such a piece of work. Its like watching a guy break up with his hott girl, you know you want to and most likely will try to swoop on it, but you still feel bad!:) hope she goes to someone that treats her well.

LEAVE IT ALONE! Trying to out guess a prospective buyer, is similar to out guessing a womans mood swings, gave up YEARS ago, IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.