Wyoming guided elk hunt

NRF

I will have 13 points going into next years drawing and am looking for advice on the best possible unit and outfitter for the best bull possible! Or should I hold out a few more years to get a better unit?

I've heard good things about seven j outfitters. A buddy went with them a few years ago on a general tag but they do limited quota areas also which I think took like 10 points to draw. As always check out their website and references. Good luck.

For the classic elk hunt on horseback and wilderness area, check out Hidden Creek Oufitters owned by Bill Perry. They hunt the famous Thorofare region. It can be a very strenuous hunt, but at the right time like when the animals are migrating out of the high country the hunting is beyond your imagination. Good luck!

Thanks guys, I've heard great things about sevenJ but I didn't know if anyone knew about some hidden private land ma and pa outfits that aren't as well known but still produce giants?

You may be burning more points than required but have you thought about the LRH group hunt with Non Typical Outfitters? It's a wilderness horse back hunt.

Thanks guys, I've heard great things about sevenJ but I didn't know if anyone knew about some hidden private land ma and pa outfits that aren't as well known but still produce giants?

7 J is a good outfit, Jeff, Deb and Kenny are as good of people as they come. I guided for them many moons ago. I'd take a close look at them.

With 13 points and the point creep I'd for trying to get in the game asap!

Maybe take a look at the Wagonhound as well.

Not sure how many points it takes for a Boundry hunt but that might be worth a look as well especially if you could get a late in the season week.

Use your points now as they will be worthless in the future. I just read an article about changes in tag allocations and non-resident access that are going to **** off a whole lot of people with points and/or the desire to hunt WY. Top of the list: tags available for non-residents hacked back to 10% of the total available.

I saw wagonhounds website, they definitely kill some big bulls but definitely jacked up their prices compared to others.
This is starting to be a rich mans game if a guy wants to go guided.
Anyone know of any large private ranches that offer trespass fees in any of the top trophy areas or is this a thing of the past like the leprechaun chasing a rainbow?

Anyone know of any large private ranches that offer trespass fees in any of the top trophy areas or is this a thing of the past like the leprechaun chasing a rainbow?

IMO this is not going to happen, if they're in a top trophy area and they have trophy bulls then then they are fully aware of the commodity that they're sitting on....a ranch hunt like this will more than likely be in the 10K range to start with give or take a bit.