wolves or no wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do want to point out that when someone asks about coming to the northern rockies to try to kill a wolf, the responses sound the same as they do when you ask a Texas rancher to come let you kill some of that terrible pig plague that they cry about...... they all want money.

They go straight from crying about all of the damage they cause to telling you how much money they want to come by and help thin them out. For a guy who is in TN, detached from both plagues, it is hard to feel sympathy for the ranchers..

I'll even go one further. When a guy who doesn't live there asks you hunters from the northern rockies for advice or locations to try to kill one of these wolves everyone cries about, the collective response is very negative, and discouraging. It makes it all look very disingenuous to the casual observer.

I'll even go one further. When a guy who doesn't live there asks you hunters from the northern rockies for advice or locations to try to kill one of these wolves everyone cries about, the collective response is very negative, and discouraging. It makes it all look very disingenuous to the casual observer.
What are you talking about, obviously you know nothing about wolves in N.W. Montana. Anybody wanna know were ive seen them im glad to share info.. and I can just about guarantee you most if not all Ranchers here will let you kill a wolf on there property.

Theres so much N.F., timberland and state land you dont even have to go on any private Ranches anyway.
I've seen at least 3 people on this very forum get mostly discouragement from folks in those areas when they ask about how to go about it. Several of them suggested that they pay a guide or they are wasting their time. It would seem to me that you guys would be very welcoming to people who have the time and are willing to take a crack at them. I'm sure some of you are, but like I said above, the responses I've read have been overwhelmingly negative.

First of all like I said, you obviously know nothing about what it takes to kill a wolf.
Theres alot of time involved for one, think you just don't jump in your truck and drive couple miles down the road and ohhh theres one ill shoot it. Alot of the guys who are successful have snow mobiles to get were there at when theres snow, there smart not stupid and move alot at night.
You can't use electronic calls here in the past hopefully future so does somebody who wants to come here from outa state that does know how to call or have a snow machine to get where they may be or have the time to go out looking for them.
You can assume all you want and talk out your ### from 2,000 miles away all you want

First of all like I said, you obviously know nothing about what it takes to kill a wolf.
Theres alot of time involved for one, think you just don't jump in your truck and drive couple miles down the road and ohhh theres one ill shoot it. Alot of the guys who are successful have snow mobiles to get were there at when theres snow, there smart not stupid and move alot at night.
You can't use electronic calls here in the past hopefully future so does somebody who wants to come here from outa state that does know how to call or have a snow machine to get where they may be or have the time to go out looking for them.
You can assume all you want and talk out your ### from 2,000 miles away all you want
That's that attitude I was talking about.

Thanks for making my point for me..

Come on out show us Northern Rockies boys how its done, you know it all.
Get back to me later tell me how it worked out for you, send me a map ill mark some spots for you not a problem, H$$$ I even know were some dens are, but I doudt you could still getter done.

Come on out show us Northern Rockies boys how its done, you know it all.
Get back to me later tell me how it worked out for you, send me a map ill mark some spots for you not a problem, H$$$ I even know were some dens are, but I doudt you could still getter done.
I can't believe how well you are illustrating my point.

I would think that someone in the position of an Idaho or Montana elk or deer hunter, or a rancher would be free with info. Free and encouraging. You are so bent out of shape by what I said that you never bothered to consider that I was right. My father spent about 20 years running a dog sled trap line in Alaska.he did it until I was about 8 years old. He would occasionally kill a wolf, but never once trapped one. The wolves he managed to kill were mostly just chance opportunities. I have a bit of second hand familiarity with the difficulty involved in killing them. He probably didn't average a wolf a year in an area that had a strong population.

Buuuuuut, my point remains. When someone mentions heading up to take a swing at it, instead of giving them info and access, they are met with pessimism.

Ya need to do a little more listening instead of talking out your a!! Send me a map ill mark you some spots and even were some dens are then tell us all how good you are and reach around and pat yourself on the back

Ya need to do a little more listening instead of talking out your a!! Send me a map ill mark you some spots and even were some dens are then tell us all how good you are and reach around and pat yourself on the back
I'll bet you get invited to a lot of parties. It's crazy how the separation and anonymity provided by the internet will make someone like you talk like this. If we were in the same room you'd never even consider talking to me that way. Calm down killer.

Invitation still stands, you've got the talking part done as usual.
Anybody coming to the Kalispell are that wants some spots to ever try there hand at wolf hunting privately p.m. me im done with this CLOWN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.