Will the madness ever end?!?!

The companies I deal mostly with, RRA, YHM, Armailte, will be directing their main efforts toward satisfying orders for rifles not parts. After all, complete rifles are their business, not being parts suppliers.

I was at the gun shop yesterday and a complete stranger overheard me talking about my little RRA Coyote Carbine (stock upper, lower with some basic goodies) He approached me in the parking lot and offered me $2500 with the glass or $2000 w/o. I've got maybe $800 into the rifle and $350 for the glass. It's just a beater truck gun, and I've abused it badly... very badly. After telling him I'd think about it and taking his # I got to thinking. How long is this maddness going to last? I've been asking everyones opinion on the matter. My answers have varried from a month or two more, to indeffinately. Looks like the legislation won't pass, but they can just change the wording of the old assault weapon ban by executive order... and we're all screwed. I know there's some folks around here that are in-the-know. So I'd like to hear what your thoughts are.

(On a side note, my RRA is still behind the seat of the pickup, where it will stay, until it's taken out of my cold dead hand... next to a big pile of brass:D)
Keeping your rifle was the right move in my opinion. However, the president can't change the wording of the old ban by executive order he doesn't have that authority. The President cannot make law by executive order, Since the old band doens't exist anymore, He would have to create one and that would be creating law by executive order. The supremes have overturned two executive orders in the past, for that reason. One came from Truman and one from Clinton.

Last edited:
As I said I'm not really complaining about not getting one. I've had them before and sold them. Most of the time I'd rather have a good bolt gun. I can still have plenty of fun with the few Garands I have and the old 30 carbine. Can't believe I saw the 30 on the list. I suppose I'm just as guilty as some others of waiting far too long. Also I'm lumped in with the masses who might not have even really wanted an AR until someone thought they could tell everyone it was too horrible a weapon for anyone to own. I think though that if this does all pass I'll be glad I didn't pay 5x the price and I can get a good laugh out of those who did.:) At least I did learn something from the last jump for reloading supplies and have enough to keep myself in good practice until demand stalls a bit.

This won't be popular! The "global ecomony" (supply and demand) is good when it drives prices down (down to the point that only the largest companies can profit), but, not good when supply is low and prices go up? I sold some "across the counter",,,,, 'til I got tired of hearing the buyers (talking among themselves) say how much they're gonna' make, re-selling the stuff they were buying from me, on-line! I'm with another, who posts regular on this forum, "You had 8 years to get what you wanted!" (after the "assault" weapons ban expired). You've had another 2 1/2 to 3 years since the last 'mad rush' to get what you wanted....... The local guys "crowding the counter" still have a shot, but on "the global market". "What's good for the goose is good for the gander." (because we're talking firearms related it's a "nation wide market")

Keeping your rifle was the right move in my opinion. However, the president can't change the wording of the old ban by executive order he doesn't have that authority. The President cannot make law by executive order, Since the old band doens't exist anymore, He would have to create one and that would be creating law by executive order. The supremes have overturned two executive orders in the past, for that reason. One came from Truman and one from Clinton.

The supreme court can not be relied on now and the next time a conservative justice steps down and our current regime places another radical leftist in it, Freedom will die on that courts watch.

The supreme court can not be relied on now and the next time a conservative justice steps down and our current regime places another radical leftist in it, Freedom will die on that courts watch.

THIS +1.

If a ban was to pass right now, gun owners better pray a conservative justice isn't replaced with a liberal. If another AWB passes and gets challenged, better hope its the current crop of justices that weigh in on it because on 2016, one conservative will be 80 years old and will retire.

Friend of mine, a major dealer just came back from a firearms mftrs meeting and was told that it will be 12-18 months BEFORE any orders placed today are filled.

So IF it stops tomorrow, it will be long time for high prices before any new product hits the market.

I also find it interesting that the media is scoffing us for being afraid that a little regulation to our freedom will lead to the eradication of freedom. I also heard the media say that ARs are weapons designed for war. So where did Mouser rifles come from? If I remember right the ARs were designed around a varmint cartridge.
There are a few things I've learned. History repeats itself, time after time. Our founding fathers were some of the most intelligent people. It must be the shoddy education that has failed to pass on the comprehension of our Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution. This situation has been cultivated where greed can take over ignorance. I've always been told that ignorance is not an excuse. When will people learn that they are accountable, and take responsibility for their own situation in life? When will they take responsibility for their own security, social status, and wellbeing? When will they stop expecting these things to be provided, or owed, to them?

BigSkyGP;745263....[SIZE=3 said:
I've always been told that ignorance is not an excuse. When will people learn that they are accountable, and take responsibility for their own situation in life? When will they take responsibility for their own security, social status, and wellbeing? When will they stop expecting these things to be provided, or owed, to them?[/SIZE]

When they stop getting "participation" awards, when they get a whuppin instead of adderall, when the hand that feeds then STOPS feeding them. Why work for it when someone will give it to you for free???

It is no longer "in" to be individually responsible. That's WAY too much work... Our children are setup for failure from the beginning.

We are raising a generation of deluded narcissists | Fox News

^^^ Probably one of the best articles I've read in quite a while.

t

On a lighter note.

I read somewhere yesterday that there are over 1 million P-Mags on backorder.... wish I held stock in MagPul!

t

I also find it interesting that the media is scoffing us for being afraid that a little regulation to our freedom will lead to the eradication of freedom. I also heard the media say that ARs are weapons designed for war. So where did Mouser rifles come from? If I remember right the ARs were designed around a varmint cartridge.
There are a few things I've learned. History repeats itself, time after time. Our founding fathers were some of the most intelligent people. It must be the shoddy education that has failed to pass on the comprehension of our Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution. This situation has been cultivated where greed can take over ignorance. I've always been told that ignorance is not an excuse. When will people learn that they are accountable, and take responsibility for their own situation in life? When will they take responsibility for their own security, social status, and wellbeing? When will they stop expecting these things to be provided, or owed, to them?
The people have been conditioned for far to long. they won't stop expecting these things to be provided for them until there is nothing to provide. At that point who knows what will happen but it won't be pretty

When they stop getting "participation" awards, when they get a whuppin instead of adderall, when the hand that feeds then STOPS feeding them. Why work for it when someone will give it to you for free???

It is no longer "in" to be individually responsible. That's WAY too much work... Our children are setup for failure from the beginning.

We are raising a generation of deluded narcissists | Fox News

^^^ Probably one of the best articles I've read in quite a while.
You sir are correct. I say bring it on and force them to be self accountable. They either learn or twist in the wind.

Amen on the "participation" awards. That ain't the way I grew up. That's definitely the madness that needs to go away.

Back on subject, I can't believe the run on everything related. Got lucky and had a couple lowers and parts kits, a few new uppers and now you can't find reloading supplies! I wonder how many primers have actually been sold in the last month.

Amen on the "participation" awards. That ain't the way I grew up. That's definitely the madness that needs to go away.

Back on subject, I can't believe the run on everything related. Got lucky and had a couple lowers and parts kits, a few new uppers and now you can't find reloading supplies! I wonder how many primers have actually been sold in the last month.
It appears to be all of em! :D, sorry, couldn't resist that one.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts