• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Why do you never see bat actions

matt_3479

Wondering why you never see bat HR or BAT VR actions. There tactical action seems to be great but everyone seems to go defiance, stiller, bighorn? Curious as to why?

Bat actions gall like no one's business unless Melonited and that is where a lot of the no love comes from, I would not own one for hunting unless melonited but once they are they are very nice!!

I can't answer the question about why you never see them.

I have a BAT HR action. I would not buy another one unless I could inspect it first. If it had as many issues as mine had/has, I wouldn't buy it after I inspected it either.

I don't know either, but after spending nearly $80 on one of their stainless trigger guards, I will never buy anything from them again.

i can't comment on the bat stuff but i have a stiller and it's a nice setup. My new one i have coming is from a company called Kelblys. they have some features i think will be better than other actions i looked at.

Just received my model L from them a few months back and still haven't had the build completed but I doubt I buy from them again , you pay through the nose for them ,I even questioned why they are more money what makes them better , they said when you see the machining you will see , well I can tell you I am not at all impressed . It arrived very very well packaged yet the action face is littered with scratches and the bolt binds quite a bit .

I can't answer the question about why you never see them.

I have a BAT HR action. I would not buy another one unless I could inspect it first. If it had as many issues as mine had/has, I wouldn't buy it after I inspected it either.

What kind of issues did you have with yours?

The quality of the machining was poor.

The bottom of the receiver, behind the recoil lug, had radial ridges on it. It looked as if it had been detailed with a Dremel by someone who had poor Dremel skills.

There was a ridge down both sides of the receiver just below the center line. The height of the ridge wasn't the same on both sides. One side had enough ridge I was concerned about a mechanical lock when bedded.

The bottom half of the threaded hole for the bolt release retaining pin was split.

When dry firing it sounds like the action slamming shut on a Model 1100 Shotgun.

There are some other minor machining issues.

The quality of the machining was poor.

The bottom of the receiver, behind the recoil lug, had radial ridges on it. It looked as if it had been detailed with a Dremel by someone who had poor Dremel skills.

There was a ridge down both sides of the receiver just below the center line. The height of the ridge wasn't the same on both sides. One side had enough ridge I was concerned about a mechanical lock when bedded.

The bottom half of the threaded hole for the bolt release retaining pin was split.

When dry firing it sounds like the action slamming shut on a Model 1100 Shotgun.

There are some other minor machining issues.

Was there any resolution to any of these issues offered to you from the company?

Was there any resolution to any of these issues offered to you from the company?

I did not buy the action from BAT. I bought it from one of their dealers. I did not ask for anything from the dealer or BAT. I did make sure BAT knew about the issues just to see if they would offer anything, they did not. I even wondered if there were ever second's, actions with manufacturing flaws, sold thru this dealer. I have repaired most of the issues myself.

I see two of them all the time. Both HRs with integral 20moa rails.

Both melonited. One in 338 LI. One in 30/375 SI.

No imperfections that are visible to my eyes. No problems. No complaints. The quality of manufacture is what I see when I look at mine.