• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Why do you never see bat actions

Bat actions gall like no one's business unless Melonited and that is where a lot of the no love comes from, I would not own one for hunting unless melonited but once they are they are very nice!!

Bingo- I had a great Bat action lock up tighter than a drum with one grain of sand. We had to remove the barrel to get it to open up.

Match, BR they are great actions. Tactical or hunting too tight and soft.

And have you looked at one they one of the most ugly things ive seen. And when you spending that much money you want some thing that works great and looks good too. gun)

I don't think they are ugly.

What actions do you think look good?

I have a Gre-tan custom 6.5x284 w/ a Bat HR.....Hunted a lot with it and never a hint of a problem!! I would not hesitate to build another gun with a Bat action!

IMHO they're one of
The most attractive looking actions out there. They'll also tell you that tolerances are VERY tight. Very very tight.

They are cropped off in the rear they dont flow like other actions. Like the borden timberline and the stiller predator they are modeled after the remington 700. gun)

I don't care what they look like. But the lug galling is a concern and needs to be combated with good lube often. Then there is that sliding extractor. I am not nuts about that either. For my needs and preferences there are more preferred actions. And I wont even go into wait times.

Jeff

I have a Bat CT on my 375 Allen Magnum.

Top notch all the way around. Shoots and functions lights out.

Cleanliness is pretty normal for me. I shoot in a lot of blow sand and have had no issues and no galling.

I messed up once and got a 395 grain bullet going 3288 FPS which locked things up pretty decent. Major effort with dead blow hammer got the bolt handle to lift and more wacks to open the bolt which is another mess up on my part.

After the bolt lift was complete I should have tapped a brass rod, which I keep on hand :rolleyes:) to get the fired case out.

I wasn't that wise and broke the sliding extractor lip off.

Haven't made a goof like that in decades.

I have nothing bad to say regarding Bat actions, based on the only one I have.

They are cropped off in the rear they dont flow like other actions. Like the borden timberline and the stiller predator they are modeled after the remington 700. gun)

The BAT actions being discussed, HR and VR, are modeled after a Remington 700.

I have not seen those actions.So do not have any thing to say about those .But i will research them for ***** and giggles. Way too much time on my hands. HA HA. Robert l. gun)