Votes: 36 18.5%
  • Need to for a wildcat.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • It's just a hobby.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • To have more component options.

Votes: 15 7.7%

• Total voters
Mostly I do because I have to or it won't go bang.;) For the others I do it for the accuracy as well as I just like controlling everything I can, as precisely as I can.

You only allowed us to vote for one but I have mutliple reasons but could only vote for the Wildcat choise.:rolleyes:

It's tough to only vote for one of those. I chose accuracy, I guess that is always my main goal. I do also really enjoy it as a hobby as well, measuring, tweaking etc while trying to get the most out of a gun. The cost savings isn't too bad either when you see some boxes of 20 rounds going for $50 and up.

I only do it so that I can have the most accurate and precise fitting ammo for my gun.I can't say I 'enjoy' the extra work of achieving this,but I do it.
But the biggest reason is functionallity.I know that every round will function flawlessly in my rifles.
I know if I want it done right,I have to do it myself.
MagnumManiac
gun)

Need a D. all of the above slot up there! Tough call I had to say cost but while cost makes me smile a bit more than factory does, I also get more accurate ammo with the components that work best in my gun for my shooting situation, which in turn allows me to practice more, and makes my practice time more productive. Good poll.

Some one posted that if they wanted it done right they had to do it them selves.

Hmmmmm, it turns out I felt that way but since starting the LRH quest and hanging out here, I found out that I wasn't as experienced as I thought I was.:rolleyes:

After two years on the quest now I am as good a I think I am, AND I realize that I don't think I'm nearly as proficient as I should be.

I voted for accuracy, but accuracy and consistency @ 100-200 yds sure defined differently when the extra zero is added.;)

That's a good question ( I ask myself that with a few explitives when I'm having trouble with getting a load to shoot good ;)). I don't yet have a wildcat, but I enjoy shooting, I enjoy tweaking the loads and I get a real sense of accomlishment when my loads and recipies do well. I also like the idea of premium grade bullets for a lower cost ---- If you don't count time or equipment as a cost!!!!

I started handloading due to the ammo expense involved in pistol matches. Then when my interest switched to centerfire rifles, I load to get the most out of my rifles, as well as the better selection of bullets and your ablity to adjust the velocity to my needs. And the big one..... COST!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.