Where to rifle black bear hunt?

Washington does have a long season because you can't bait the bears. Fair chase hunting only. That mean sitting and watching a hillside hoping a bear will walk out. Scouting is a must for a successful hunt. You have to know where the berries are and when they are ripe. 25-30,000 resident black bear with color phase being 1 out of 8 bears. You can have 2 fall tags and draw for a spring tag.
They 86'd the spring bear season this year and going forward. For PNW bear hunting check out the Bears & Booze IG page and Mr Booze's book - titled something like The Ultimate Guide to Bear Hunting. Great information on how/where/when to hunt them in the PNW and how to call them in using predator calls. Well worth the $15 or so for the book.
We are fairly overran with bears here in the NW corner of Arkansas/Ozarks and I keep meaning to try calling a bear in here but havent done it yet.

They 86'd the spring bear season this year and going forward. For PNW bear hunting check out the Bears & Booze IG page and Mr Booze's book - titled something like The Ultimate Guide to Bear Hunting. Great information on how/where/when to hunt them in the PNW and how to call them in using predator calls. Well worth the $15 or so for the book.
We are fairly overran with bears here in the NW corner of Arkansas/Ozarks and I keep meaning to try calling a bear in here but havent done it yet.
Fully aware. More than 30 years chasing black bears in the northwest.

My Choice would be a Spring Bear Hunt in Montana!
We seen between 10 to 15 different Bears every Spring ! My (Wife and I ) .
She like to hunt Bears more than anything!

Non Resident Licence is $350.00 OTC !
It opens April 15th but typically it's still Winter in most places. Hit the Western end of the state and start hunting about the end of the first week in May !

Once the grass starts poping ..its on !
Hunt the Southern sides of the Mountains, they typically start growing first .
If your not ready for the straight up hikes ..no worries, just put your effort on the gated trails ! Just be ready around every curve in the trail !
There is a no baiting rule so its spot & stalk hunting!
You do need to watch out for Grizzly . Just pay attention around you ...if your seeing very large Scat you should back out . Common sense Guys !

Something I learned the hard way but that's another story ! Look at my picture it's very real !

I always carried my G20 and a 338 Rum or Edge loaded with 300 gr bergers !

We spent over 15 years living in Montana and I'm not going to lie I miss it everyday!

All through the years we have seen every color phase of Bears Montana has to offer ! The biggest Black Bear we seen was Blonde! We still talk about that one all the time .

Anyway give Montana a try !
I'm positive the Elk Calves and Moose Calves will love you guys !

Plan now Spring is coming Soon !

I might just see you out there !

Rum Man

IMG_3960.jpeg

Once the grass starts poping ..its on
You do need to watch out for Grizzly . Just pay attention around you ...if your seeing very large Scat you should back out . Common sense Guys !

Something I learned the hard way but that's another story ! Look at my picture it's very real !

Rum Man
[/QUOTE]

I think you should tell the story.

I'm not a bear hunter but if I wanted to shoot one in the mountains spot and stalk I sure would do it in the spring instead of the fall.

Curious as to what your experiences were with both spring and fall hunts that would lead you to say that?

Curious as to what your experiences were with both spring and fall hunts that would lead you to say that?
They are easier to locate in the spring when they can be glassed at distance, spotted on snowfields, green meadows, scree fields… Seeing a bear in the mountains in the fall is kind of rare and they don't seem to stick in one place for long. I don't mess with them because I don't really like eating bear but I think my feelings on this are sort of general consensus in the Rockies.