Where to get action??

handle

Hey guys after lurking around here for a while I'm wanting to start gathering parts for a custom. Question is where is the best place to get an action at a reasonable price? I've sent a few emails to distributors/smiths in the US trying to get actions sent over but none are willing or want to charge a fortune in extra fees. Only found one distributor here for predator actions but they
don't sell them separately.
Cheers
Ben

Last edited:
There are plenty of people bringing actions into Australia. What sort are you after? I like the Barnard actions from NZ for my target guns , but they make actions to suit all the big stuff up 50BMG and 338 lap, and these are readily available over here at a reasonable price. As for the Predator action, is it the Stiller Predator you are after? I heard that there is a backlog on these but someone else here might know where to get one localy?
What caliber are you intending to shoot?

Yes the stiller predator. Just received and email from Jerry Stiller who said wild dog is the Australian distributor. I'm going to build a 300wm hunting/target rifle. Does Barnard do an action suitable for a hunting rifle?

Yes, look at the Barnard website if you cant get a Stiller off Wilddog. Contact Phil Mastin in QLD to get a Barnard, delivery times are usualy pretty good. Both blokes(wild dog and Phil Mastin) are good to deal with.

Last edited:
Spoke with the staff from wild dog today, great people to deal with. He said they have 20 actions coming shortly and will contact me when they arrive. Now to play the waiting game :)

I shoot F Class with the owner of WildDog Stocks and he is a serious nut when it comes to trying big or different cartridges. If other suppliers give you wierd looks when you ask about actions for big non standard actions, Mark from Wild Dog would have most likely built and shot something bigger and got the thing tack driving.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.