How the hell did use get a .338

Hey looking into .338 territory whats the least amount of hassle version ? Thinkin Weatherby .338/378 26 inch barrel then maybe fit another barrel down the track 27to30 inch , a good idea may be to buy bare rifle in oz and get optics from the states , i was quoted 2300$ for a funky scope for .338 lap that would even calculate the earths spin into the mix , sounds like the .338/378 might be the one for extra range punch any ideas ?

WA requires a shooter to justify the rifle being applied for. Each and every rifle has to be licensed separately. Each application can have more than one rifle/gun on it but they all have to have a justification letter.
Also the cops will ask for a property letter each and every bloody time we go in.
So my guess is that the firearms branch didn't think a .338 was needed to do what you said you needed it for. Try again with a caliber that is better suited for WA (lets face it we don't have much that would need a .338 Mag or bigger) or get better at writing the BS they want. Try getting a letter from a station and say it is for camel and that they are tough critters to kill.

In Europe some rifle manufacturers are making quick barrel change rifles (eye wateringly expensive) because in some countries there is a limit on the number of rifles a person can own.
I am currently making a swap barrel rifle in .223 Rem and 6.5x55 Swede. This has the advantage of only needing one (Zeiss 6.5x50) scope, stock (pillar bedded with stock pin) and bipod. So this will be how we get round another limp wristed, jelly spined, milk-sop derived law.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts