Where to buy?

cinch

I am finally getting back into bowhunting after about 8 years away. I am curious as to where everyone is buying their equipment. My friend used to own an archery shop, but it is long gone now. Does anyone know of any good, reasonable places to buy archery equipment? Thanks!

I am in the same situation of getting back into bowhunting and needing new equipment. The proshop I used before has been urban sprawled out of existence. I think it is now a bagel shop patronized by BMWs instead of trucks. The new stuff is so much more complicated than the old stuff. There are cheap places to buy bows and there are bad places to buy bows and I wish I could find a good place. A good proshop knows a lot about bows but the two I have been to so far have just tried to push their main stock at me and not discuss the specialized equipment I want. I will not go back to them.

Rocky Mountain has some stuff but if you really want to get back in with the whole package you should probably go to Denver. Bear Creek Archery is a pretty good shop from what I've heard. I know that there is a place called Black Hills archery in Rapid.
Unless you know exactly what you are after and how to do everything with it, I would avoid Scheels. I just bought some arrows at the Lincoln one yesterday but the selection was limited and the help wasn't much. Same goes for Cabelas.

archery shop

The shop I go to here in Kemmerer is run by a man that came from your neck of the woods. If you talk to him about where you are in your abilities and where you want to go, along with your equipment preferences from when you were shooting before, he will help guide you in the right direction. The shop is Wyoming Archery. send me a message if you would like his contact info.

Hello. I actually am getting out of the sport and have some equipment i'm looking to part with. PM me if you'd like some information.

Regards,
jeff

I do most of my shopping on ebay and so far been really happy. I bought all my sights and so on as well as 80% of all my camo's. Saved alot over pro shop prices.

oh

It is dang near impossible to find a archery proshop that will meet and exceed your expectations. IMO.. Most of them around here are the get-you-in -get-you-out type of operations. Really don't wanna take the time to help you and get you setup like you want to be. Buy your eq. at the cheapest place you can find it.. Unless it's used or broken it should be exactly the same at one store as it is at the next.

A good pro shop is invaluable. You folks are too far away. I shop at Payson Sports and Trophy. They call me by name and ask how my bow, sight, rest, release... is shooting. They know me and my bow and are skilled and knowledgable. It's worth payin' more for real customer service! Good luck!

Since I shoot traditional, most of the time, pro-shops don'r really help me out, I buy through Lancaster, 3 Rivers, and Bowhunters Superstore, I'm 55 miles from the closest range/proshop so I shoot 20 yards in the back yard and do all of my own work/setups, arrows cutting/fletching . I also shoot 2 compounds along with the wife's compound. I try to do it all myself because I want to be able to fix anything that might go wrong when I'm out hunting in the mountains of New Mexico, hours away from the closest town!

schaffer performance archery in burnsville MN 952 894 4139 thay are VARY help full and know what they talking about and glad to take your $ lookem up out here

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.