Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

Screenshot 2023-02-19 000805.png

trying to make it to 60

full sized whitetail doe... hit it at 60 or better... what I think happened is she hit the tow hook with her shoulder because the truck shuttered/banged when she hit... I have a 4 ton 26 foot camper so getting on the brakes when she bolted didn't slow me down much. If it's any solace to you she crapped all over the driver's door when I hit her.
so 7 ton into a whitetail at 90 fps... so 1,762,895 ft/lb if she took the whole hit- which she didn't
We joke about it but it could have been very bad for you. So glad you are ok at least.

I hate to say guys, but I have a Cree but don't think it necessarily is the kill all gun or 1 mile shooter! I mean it is OK, but not the kill all bullet either! I personally don't know if there is a "kill all bullet or gun"! Don't send the hate, as I have many others in the collection also!
I am sure that won't stop ya tho! :)
I see this thread as fun thread. I think people are picking on the 6.5 Creed marketing and not the cartridge itself.

The 26 Nossler. I worked with this cartridge in a Nossler rifle. It was finicky and very hard on barrels. It would shoot an acceptable group. The send bullets out in a 6" or larger area. It is a fast cartridge, but ridiculous to deal with. I have a very experienced custom gunsmith friend who flat refuses to chamber guns in 26 Nossler due to issues he has has with it.

I hate to say guys, but I have a Cree but don't think it necessarily is the kill all gun or 1 mile shooter! I mean it is OK, but not the kill all bullet either! I personally don't know if there is a "kill all bullet or gun"! Don't send the hate, as I have many others in the collection also!
Nobody saying it's magic is a creed shooter :) it's all just picking

I mean it is magic but we aren't saying it ;)

Did you have a man bun before you got it or did you start growing it out then?

Rumor is that balloon that was shot down on the east coast was actually taken out by a creedmoor. Probably from a position somewhere in the west. Media tells us it was missles, F22, maverick from top gun. They just don't want it out how powerful these creeds are. But if you own one you know. Once a month during full moons I'll set mine up on the roof and plink at moon rocks. Easy peasy wind calls.

Rumor is that balloon that was shot down on the east coast was actually taken out by a creedmoor. Probably from a position somewhere in the west. Media tells us it was missles, F22, maverick from top gun. They just don't want it out how powerful these creeds are. But if you own one you know. Once a month during full moons I'll set mine up on the roof and plink at moon rocks. Easy peasy wind calls.
I have it on good authority that NASA's James Webb telescope was put up there as a spotting scope so we can take out doomsday asteroids with our 6.5 Creeds.

I hit 6 deer with a 2018 Duramax with no damage to the truck on the first 5. All of the deer popped out of tall grass and ran in front of me on separate occasions. I hit all of the 5 does at around 103 fps, so relatively low velocity but quite a bit of mass. G1 is not even worth talking about. The replacement bumper on the front was stout and it would make a kind of ding sound when they flew off of it.

Then there was #6.

A doe popped out from the 6' tall Johnson grass on the right. I wasn't going very fast and a quick tap on the breaks saved her. Then a flash of fur and antlers went by on the right side of the windshield and I heard the sickening thump of the buck hitting my door. It felt like the rear tire ran over something. Good, I thought... he was going to pay for the damage one way or another. I probably said something about the buck and his mom's relationship around that time too.

I intended to drive up the road to a safe place to pull over and check the carnage but the ding ding ding of the low tire alarm got my attention. The right rear tire was low and slowly dropping. I was only a few miles from home so I flipped a u-turn and headed back. As I drove by the place where there should have been a dead buck there was nothing. The other side of the road was short grass. @($@@^ survived. I made it home before the tire went flat. I called a buddy in town that owns a tire shop to see if he had another tire like the set that I was running. He didn't but he could have one by later that morning if he ordered it right then. He actually drove the 6 miles to my place, took the tire off, and took it to his shop. While it was on the jack I put the spare on in case I needed to go to town. He brought the tire and rim back when it was ready. Small town service for the win.

Clearly the Duramax has enough shock power to kill if it's a good shot. Glancing blows not so much.

The buck got 2 door panels (front and rear) to hang on his wall... All I got was this in the sidewall of the tire. I haven't quite figured out how to mount it. Shoulder? Turn to the left? Right? Straight?

p1486684181-6.jpg

I was running across eastern oregon one night around 2am in my 08 duramax. I saw a buck coming he jumped fence and accross the road he goes. I get closer and i see second buck coming but this time I didnt have time to stop so I swerved into left lane while he was mid flight problem was while i was focused on missing him his buddy returned and when i went into center lane i got both. And both head shots. Luckily i had big steel bumper. I found the one buck but not the other. I know he didn't make it since my headlights had brains all over it but it flipped him atleast 50 yards off the road.

I was running across eastern oregon one night around 2am in my 08 duramax. I saw a buck coming he jumped fence and accross the road he goes. I get closer and i see second buck coming but this time I didnt have time to stop so I swerved into left lane while he was mid flight problem was while i was focused on missing him his buddy returned and when i went into center lane i got both. And both head shots. Luckily i had big steel bumper. I found the one buck but not the other. I know he didn't make it since my headlights had brains all over it but it flipped him atleast 50 yards off the road.
I also have an off-road/prerunner style bumper on my 150 and tagged a deer with my 3 year old the other week. It felt like I hit a squirrel. The metal bumpers are a real bonus for wildlife

Recent Posts