Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

You can always use the stick on bun that comes in the box 😂

"Budweiser presents: real men of genius"

Mr really bad toupee wearer….

"You think it looks natural, but it couldn't look phonier if it had a chinstrap….made of space age materials, it can repel rain, snow, and especially….young women" 😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Click the link. From back when ads were funny.

Bad shots or crappy bullets do that...
But it's worse when your using a peashooter cartridge. I'll freely admit to one particular bad shot (forgot to continue leading the animal when the trigger broke, no follow through, rookie mistake, was real mad at myself)

Hit the deer in the back end broadside on the hip. Actually had the though I Thankful it was my .300 win I screwed up with and not my .243. Did so much damage the animal didn't go that far and was all but bled out when I tracked it down. Chunks of bone falling out of it all along the blood trail.

That's 100 percent my fault for making a crappy shot and I own that…if I had made that crappy shot with my .243 I doubt I ever would have recovered it and it would have died a cruel long death. Instead it still went down relatively fast because of how much swiftly fatal damage the more powerful round caused.

But it's worse when your using a peashooter cartridge. I'll freely admit to one particular bad shot (forgot to continue leading the animal when the trigger broke, no follow through, rookie mistake, was real mad at myself)

Hit the deer in the back end broadside on the hip. Actually had the though I Thankful it was my .300 win I screwed up with and not my .243. Did so much damage the animal didn't go that far and was all but bled out when I tracked it down. Chunks of bone falling out of it all along the blood trail.

That's 100 percent my fault for making a crappy shot and I own that…if I had made that crappy shot with my .243 I doubt I ever would have recovered it and it would have died a cruel long death. Instead it still went down relatively fast because of how much swiftly fatal damage the more powerful round caused.

Have you ever *** shot a deer with the 243, or is your conclusion just a guess?

I will admit I have not, but based on trauma I have personally observed from a 243, it's perfectly capable of killing deer.

I will admit I have not, but based on trauma I have personally observed from a 243, it's perfectly capable of killing deer.
No one's questioning its capable haha. And no i haven't done that and have no interest in finding out. But it's more than just a guess. I have observed up to a point that even on marginal hits (let's say rear lung) in my limited experience animals with with the 300 win do not dead run as far as those with my 270 which itself is a much much more emphatic killer of whitetails than what I've observed the .243 to be especially if bone is hit or a quartering shot is taken. I like a little insurance and not the bare minimum (and up until recently the .243 was the Legal minimum for big game in Saskatchewan and I personally think that made sense and shouldn't have been changed but that's just me )

Ive killed a few deer with a 10-22. Just because it can doesnt make it a superior cartridge doing so. If your 10 years old girl sure. If your 40 grown man its weird

I had to crawl through a "tunnel" in the brush to retrieve a Whitetail around George West, TX a number of years ago. I found the blood trail of a decently hit Whitetail that the shooter insisted on using his youth .243. It led into the "tunnel" made mostly of stuff that wants to poke holes in flesh. The spots were tiny. 1/8" or less. The deer was about 25 yards in and dead. No exit wound. The deer ran at least 100 yards before it went into the brush. The shooter saw where it went in. If not for that we wouldn't have retrieved it without dogs. There was no blood trail from where it was shot. The .243 killed the deer but in that country you really need to use something that hits harder and passes through.

My wife's fist elk kill (her first year of hunting) came with a borrowed 243 Win. She will very readily admit that it was pure luck as the shot was very low in the chest, grazing the heart. If she'd hit were she was aiming…..she might not have gotten her elk. The next year she graduated to a .270 Win., using it for years!

After we got together, with dreams of hunting Africa and Alaska, she got an "adult" 😁 rifle (in 1995) ……and has hunted with it ever since! memtb

Ive killed a few deer with a 10-22. Just because it can doesnt make it a superior cartridge doing so. If your 10 years old girl sure. If your 40 grown man its weird

Interesting glimpse of the truth. Perception.

If you believe shooting a large, heavy recoiling cartridge makes you a man, I'm happy for you.

I'm not interested in perception, I'm interested in facts. Fact is a 100gr, properly designed bullet, going around 3k fps is very deadly. It's also comfortable to shoot....a lot.

You haven't killed enough big critters. That statement just said it, old school mentality saying speed kills just doesn't work. Energy does. When you see a bull get hammered by 300 grains and absorb it youll never shoot one with 100 grains. I ask few people this if you had too pick your fait today. Taking a Ferrari on at 100mph or a semi at 60 which one would you bet your life on