What is the best money you have spent on the shooting sport and why?

A Remington M700 varmint in 22-250 a few decades ago. Was the thing that sparked shooting for fun for me, other than just checking the zero on the one and only deer rifle before the season. Led to an eventual stable of rifles and hand loading equipment. Countless other happy acquisitions since, but that one was just so fun to shoot, it jump started it all. It still makes me smile when it makes it on a range trip.

Lately it has to be the thermals. Pulsar thermion xg50 scope then Pulsar helion 2 xp50 pro scanner. Loads of fun with those night hunting coyotes. Before that a Satorius fx120, auto trickler v2. Before that the Silver Mountain target for my range (1K yd).

Tough one…most rewarding thus far has been my lathe. I self taught myself how to chamber barrels and I've killed 4 animals and shot some impressive groups. It's been a 4 year journey but I'm producing stuff that performs and looks as good or better than I was previously paying for.

Most fun…I recently finished up a 22 Creedmoor and it currently is making me smile with the accuracy and lack of recoil.

Mine would be keeping my hunting lease after our club folded. I only pay 17.00 dollars a acre because of being there for 30 years now. With it being a Sika deer property the "Now" going rate is anywhere from 75 up to and over 150.00 a acre. It's crazy how high lease prices have climbed in a short period of time.