What is life like in Las Vegas?

I think if you're willing to move there are a lot more opportunities for hunting than you get in Vegas

In addition to anything else, I would be looking real hard at the present and especially future availability of water in that desert city. There are already big problems with the big reservoirs that were supposed to last forever; smaller ones dry out even fasten. Might depend on how long you plan to stay.

I was offered a job in Las Vegas and haven't been there for 26 years. I'm wondering what the hunting and fishing is like near there. And the general quality of life.
I lived in Vegas for several years and have spent much time outside of that working there. I wasn't into hunting back then but hunting in northern Nevada has been quite enjoyable and I've been able to get a resident tag for something every year besides my first year applying. I wouldn't be surprised if there were decent upland opportunities within an hour of LV.

Things people haven't mentioned:
Fantastic hiking year round. In the summer you need to gain elevation to escape the heat (Mt Charleston is close) or go very early in the morning. Besides that the weather is very nice.
World class rock climbing of all disciplines- sport, bouldering, big wall.
Great canyoneering around Lake Mead.
Quality recreational shooting in the desert and organized ranges. I just went down to the boulder city complex for a 2 day pistol course in January, quite the setup they have there.
Some of the best food on the planet, both on the strip (pricey) and off the strip.
Decent mountain biking and 4x4/ORV terrain.

I liked living there much more than I thought I would. Happy to answer more specific questions if I can.

I lived in Vegas for several years and have spent much time outside of that working there. I wasn't into hunting back then but hunting in northern Nevada has been quite enjoyable and I've been able to get a resident tag for something every year besides my first year applying. I wouldn't be surprised if there were decent upland opportunities within an hour of LV.

Things people haven't mentioned:
Fantastic hiking year round. In the summer you need to gain elevation to escape the heat (Mt Charleston is close) or go very early in the morning. Besides that the weather is very nice.
World class rock climbing of all disciplines- sport, bouldering, big wall.
Great canyoneering around Lake Mead.
Quality recreational shooting in the desert and organized ranges. I just went down to the boulder city complex for a 2 day pistol course in January, quite the setup they have there.
Some of the best food on the planet, both on the strip (pricey) and off the strip.
Decent mountain biking and 4x4/ORV terrain.

I liked living there much more than I thought I would. Happy to answer more specific questions if I can.
Thanks I appreciate it!