What 17 HMR is everyone shooting?

Man, I would REALLY like to see a 200++ yard shot on a squirrel, PD, or just about anything for that matter with a 17HMR! On video, perhaps? That`s some shootin` there, Tex !!
Shot chucks & Yotes to 200. yds easy shot squirrel or PD 100+++.
We shoot Hornady 17HMR 20gr HP XPTs with a muzzle of 2,400fps
We have a 300 yd 22 Rimfire range at our PRS Range so can get the pratice. I need to put up thicker steel to shoot the 17 because the 17 goes through the 22 targets.
We have a Leupold VX 2 3-9 X33MM EFR CDS so can dial right in. Our Krestel gives a little different ballistics, but wanted to show what the bullet shoots.

RangeVelocityEnergyTrajectoryCome Up (MOA)Come Up (MILS)Wind DriftWind Drift (MOA)Wind Drift (MILS)
02375250.0-1.50.00.0000
200127472.0-10.24.91.4841
300100845.0-42.113.43.92172
40087634.0-108.125.87.53893
50078427.0-219.341.912.259113

Considering purchasing a .17 HMR for controlling the local woodchucks around the house and for general plinking. It looks like there are many options out there, so I am curious what brand and model everyone is shooting and having good luck with. The popular one online seems to be the Ruger super light

Considering purchasing a .17 HMR for controlling the local woodchucks around the house and for general plinking. It looks like there are many options out there, so I am curious what brand and model everyone is shooting and having good luck with. The popular one online seems to be the Ruger Precision Rifle.
Volquartsen Custom.

I have the Marlin 917VS and its sweet. Super accurate. I would go with a bolt option. The savage and Marlin are good intro priced guns. Get a bull barrel. The bolt option saves you ammo over a semi auto configuration ;)

I've never had a Bergara but wouldn't shy from one. They're solid shooters.

I've had a CZ 453 Varmint since it was first introduced many years ago and love it. I've had a few CZ rim fires and they don't disappoint.
The new 457 is easy to swap barrels with good aftermarket options.Timney is making a great trigger for it if you don't want to go with the Yo-Dave kit. I'm currently running the Timney on my 457 MTR.

I use my 17 for vermin on occasion but mostly as a trainer as it closely mimics my hunting rifles.

Up top is the 457 MTR with the 453 17HMR below.

View attachment 442694
View attachment 442693
Who made that front rest under the 457? It looks simple yet very effective!!

Yes! My first, a Ruger 77/17 went from inches to one hole with the right load...tried 5 or 6 different and it just loves CCI TNT
My 93R17 prefers the CCI TNT as well. But " one hole " at 100 yards ( which is my standard shooting distance)? Ain`t gonna happen, at least not for me ! Too much ammo variability, even with the preferred TNT, plus I`m not that great a shot. I`m envious of all this super accuracy with the 17 reported in this thread!

Love my CZ 453, but really love my Sako Quad, and especially love the Sako shooting the HM2. The Mach 2 is my go to rimfire for having a great day in the field, taking out little critters.

I currently shoot a CZ with a Lilja barrel for PD's. I also have shot a savage, Bagera, and Anchutz. I shoot the CZ the most due to the availability of magazines for it. All shoot well with the Anschutz and the CZ being the most accurate for me.

My Savage 93 17 shoots well, but the magazines are EXTREMELY unreliable - basically a single-shot most of the time.

What are you guys doing to get them to be repeaters?

Have any of you Savage shooters had head spacing issues or firing pin issues yet? See a lot of them around here have issues after a few hundred rounds. It seems like its just a matter of time before they need work done.

I've put hundreds of rounds through mine and cant think of ever having an issue.
What is it doing?
The mag will block the bolt from going forward., doesn't matter which of the 3 mags I have, nor how many rounds are (or have been) loaded.

Just pulling down on the mag isn't enough -- I usually have to remove the mag & try to hold it in a spot where it's not locked in, but high enough to get the bolt to grab a round.