Was the 6.5 cm really a necessity?

It sure fits this setup!
He has another 6.5 Creedmore, a heavy custom job that shoots really well. I got it going with the scope and all as well. After shooting it the first time I was thinking "Eh, kinda cool but not really impressed". It has sat up in his safe for the past few years, with dozens of other rifles. His new setup just has a lot of appeal and flat out works. Gotta say, if I were looking for a comp rifle this would be in the running.
I even went against myself and recommended he bring it elk hunting with us this year...as a backup to his .300 winmag.:D

Soooo you like them??????
Ya know I really do. Was a skeptic at first. Since the objective of Emary and DeMille was to develop a cartridge for competition I didn't really see what the 6.5CM did that say a Dasher did not do as well or better. I still think the 6mm is a better choice for long range competition. However, I don't think Emary or DeMille, or anyone else for that matter, saw the enormous popularity the 6.5CM would achieve in the hunting fields. If the stats are right, it is second in sales only to the 223.

Soooo you like them??????
Whether someone likes and/or owns something, has no bearing over whether it was necessary, or not.

Was my .300 Ackley necessary to build? Hell no, not for Alabama deer hunting, but I wanted it and I like it, so I built it.

Is twin-turbo'ing my Mustang GT a necessity for a daily driver? Absolutely not... But I want to. :D

Whether someone likes and/or owns something, has no bearing over whether it was necessary, or not.

Was my .300 Ackley necessary to build? Hell no, not for Alabama deer hunting, but I wanted it and I like it, so I built it.

Is twin-turbo'ing my Mustang GT a necessity for a daily driver? Absolutely not... But I want to. :D
you and me both! I guess it kinda like the 17HMR. Did we really need another rimfire in the market?????? NO! But I.m **** glad they made it!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.