Was the 6.5 cm really a necessity?

Like 0.762 cm means 0.762 Creedmoor! You all are too smart for me have a nice life, nothing here to be learned. I learned from Uncle Sam who taught me to be precise when it came to firearms, from nomenclature to handling, to aiming and placing my shots.

10D44C8C-7F5A-440D-86DA-6934BA938DE8.png
I'm sorry I couldn't resist!

To me the Creedmore doesn't do anything that hasn't been done for decades, except maybe make Hornady more money.
However, a buddy of mine just got a new Tikka CTR in 6.5 CM. I mounted a Vortex HSLR on it and with factory 143 ELD-X it shot a 3 shot group about 1/3" @ 100. After an adjustment to zero I went directly to the 500 plate and, using the velocity on the box, hit right under the 2" bullseye. Made an adjustment UP and started shooting it in the face with boring ease. Moved to the 800 and put 3 into about 4", center plate. Easiest rifle (factory everything) I've ever worked with, about half a box of 20. It was so easy it kinda ****&$ me off how much money/time/energy I have in custom stuff to get those results...if I'm lucky!

To me the Creedmore doesn't do anything that hasn't been done for decades, except maybe make Hornady more money.
However, a buddy of mine just got a new Tikka CTR in 6.5 CM. I mounted a Vortex HSLR on it and with factory 143 ELD-X it shot a 3 shot group about 1/3" @ 100. After an adjustment to zero I went directly to the 500 plate and, using the velocity on the box, hit right under the 2" bullseye. Made an adjustment UP and started shooting it in the face with boring ease. Moved to the 800 and put 3 into about 4", center plate. Easiest rifle (factory everything) I've ever worked with, about half a box of 20. It was so easy it kinda ****&$ me off how much money/time/energy I have in custom stuff to get those results...if I'm lucky!
I agree,
I'm more drawn to it because I can hit steel way out there. It's kinda nice hitting a plate at 1500 yards and not getting the snot knocked out of me like when I do with my 338 Lapua and 300 Win mag. Is it a necessity, probably not to some. Is it now a necessity for me? Yup!!
I'll never be without one.

NOW do you love the Creedmoor? At least you now know why the rest of us do!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts