Wabbit Hunting is so much fun

When I moved to Wyoming in '85, it was much like you described. However, over the past 30 years …..I've seen more Unicorns than Jacks! 🤬 memtb
Rabbits are no where near the population they had in the 80s here in PA. I hate to even shoot one now because they just are not here. I see a few now & again. Just like the pheasants. They no longer exist here. They were some of the best times I had as a youth. At least the grey squirrels are still there. I have come to enjoy hunting them more than whitetails. They drag so much easier. lol

Wabbit Hunting is so much fun

Shots fired

Head shots

Well we do miss

Need a bigger magazine
fighting0021.gif
fighting0021.gif

Elder wanted a few

Trappers wanted the rest

2 Old Bro's having fun

5 hrs 44km -13$ each fuel

If you love shooting take a drive too some lease roads

Saw 40 Snowshoe Hare

Wainwright was fun got a doe

But when get 6 doe and 7 bucks
test.gif

Wabbit hunting is a different hunt

So if your looking for fun
sHa_shakeshout.gif

Give it a try

Just saying

David
smile.gif
Yes it is !! Haven't done that in 60 years now. In Florida you hardly see a rabbit any more. Saw one in my green field I hunt the other day. It put a smile on my face.

Yes it is !! Haven't done that in 60 years now. In Florida you hardly see a rabbit any more. Saw one in my green field I hunt the other day. It put a smile on my face.

We have Cottontails at our place, but of course their numbers are cyclical! It years past it was pretty easy to count 10 to 15 from our front porch. We're definitely in a down cycle right now…..plus having feral cats around doesn't help any! memtb

We have Cottontails at our place, but of course their numbers are cyclical! It years past it was pretty easy to count 10 to 15 from our front porch. We're definitely in a down cycle right now…..plus having feral cats around doesn't help any! memtb
Hawks, owls, coyotes, foxes, etc. I noticed the best place to see rabbits around here is in junkyards. Old vehicles provide the cover they need to survive I believe. My cousin has a garage. So he collects old cars & trucks. I see more rabbits at his house than my grandmothers farm anymore. And I worked in a few local junkyards. Open spaces are not healthy for rabbits.

Use to do it all the time as a kid, but we used Beagle hounds to chase them. So much fun and very good eating too.
I had a good friend that had 17 beagles and I had a few as well. When we got through cutting beans and planting wheat. Thanksgiving was here and time to rabbit hunt. I made it more challenging by using my recurve or longbow. I missed a lot, killed quite a few too. But it's really all about hearing the dogs for me. Same with deer hunting. I thought dog driving was the only way to hunt until I turned 16. I loved it. Still do. Just don't get the time now.

Hawks, owls, coyotes, foxes, etc. I noticed the best place to see rabbits around here is in junkyards. Old vehicles provide the cover they need to survive I believe. My cousin has a garage. So he collects old cars & trucks. I see more rabbits at his house than my grandmothers farm anymore. And I worked in a few local junkyards. Open spaces are not healthy for rabbits.
Coyotes and hawks got so bad on our farm that the only place I would see rabbits while combining beans or wheat would be right next to peoples houses or building or old junk piles. Before the predators got bad you could see them anywhere.

I've hunted all the western states including Alaska, I've hunted Mexico, Siberia, made several trips to Africa, I've had great success and failures doing so but I always had fun, but when I think of fun, first thing that comes to my mind is jacketrabbits, we've had outings where I have blown thru 3 or 4 bricks of 22lr in just a few hours, couldn't fill you're pockets with enough ammo to get out of sight of the truck, now that my state makes one use green ammo, I couldn't afford to shoot like that without taking out a loan,
That is a good enough reason right there for me to keep shooting lead bullets. Man I hate it when our government dictates whatever we do.