Prairie Dog Hunting

rawjuno

I've been hunting prairie dogs for a good number of years and it is one of the most enjoyable shoots that I go on every year. I use a rotating table and shoot a heavy barrel Remington, 204.
I am taking Prairie dogs out to 500+ yards with this rifle

Absolutely love it and it is truly one of the most relaxing times

Attachments

• IMG_6129.jpeg
    IMG_6129.jpeg
    511.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6175.jpeg
    IMG_6175.jpeg
    715.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9229.jpeg
    IMG_9229.jpeg
    492.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_9237.jpeg
    IMG_9237.jpeg
    329 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9231.jpeg
    IMG_9231.jpeg
    767.4 KB · Views: 54
I like your table...im gonna have to see if I can find one that rotates

Things the one I have. I welded a rest to the front part instead of using the one they have

One of the funnest ways I ever had with prarie dogs was to "fish" for them. I was passing thru "BF", TX on my way home from hunting atelope in the pan handle and stopped for gas. An old redneck and his grandkids pulled up in a pickup with a bunch of fishing rods. I asked where they fished around there.

He said if I had time they'd show me the best fishun in TX. Ya, I bit. Followed them out a few miles on a dirt road but I didn't see water anywhere. They set up lawn chairs and grabbed a couple rods and reels. I was like "WTH"? The old man and I sat in the chairs having a beer and the kids ran the lines out about 100 yards and laid down nooses over the prarie dog holes. When they popped up the noose would tighten around them as you reeled as fast as you could, otherwise they'd dive back down the hole - or anyplace safe on the way in. What a blast!

Most fun I ever had huntin' prarie dogs! That's one trip I'll never forget.🤣

Last edited: