TSS Ammo! R U Kidding Me?

So my son bought a .410 for his soon to hunt daughters in couple years but also to take several youngsters that do not have someone to take them. Put red dot on it and it is surprisingly accurate at to 40!

But WTHELLO is the price of TSS in .410! On average its at least $42-$45 box of 5! Some over $50!

For a .410! 12 ga not much more but is many times in size quantity more in powder and shot! Seriously, the one area to bring kids into hunting and its more expensive than full bore is RIDICULOUS!

Now I did just find Browning at $37 at ~$7 off but still $7+ a shot! How does a kid practice? How do parents with multiple kids afford to get kids into shooting?

So shooting Weatherby factory ammo is freaking cheaper to shoot?

It started with yeti coolers.

Now every manufacturer out has to find the upper limits of his customers stupidity.

You see it in the custom rifle biz everyday.

So my son bought a .410 for his soon to hunt daughters in couple years but also to take several youngsters that do not have someone to take them. Put red dot on it and it is surprisingly accurate at to 40!

But WTHELLO is the price of TSS in .410! On average its at least $42-$45 box of 5! Some over $50!

For a .410! 12 ga not much more but is many times in size quantity more in powder and shot! Seriously, the one area to bring kids into hunting and its more expensive than full bore is RIDICULOUS!

Now I did just find Browning at $37 at ~$7 off but still $7+ a shot! How does a kid practice? How do parents with multiple kids afford to get kids into shooting?

It's not any cheaper for hunting Coyotes either!

hunting Coyotes is not any cheaper!
IMG_6175.png

I ended up with nearly 60lbs of .082" diameter polished TSS for free. At 1/2oz, 3/5oz and 5/8oz, it's going to take me a long time to use it up, probably never will. It's roughly 1600 loaded rounds, that is a lot of birds.

I thought I had 100lbs of nickel plated lead, turns out it's just plain chilled hard #9s, 1oz of those will break all clays and kill all the dove and turkey I plan to shoot at. I just wish I would have jumped on the 28ga TSS bandwagon 10yrs ago.

There are cheaper 20ga and 12ga options but the payoff is how much fun these little powder puffs are and how quick you can get your kids involved in the sport with you. Sub 5lb guns appropriately sized get even the youngest kiddo in the game.

Ok I posted on here a while ago saying that I thought TSS was too expensive to buy and I still do. BUT you guys are very good at convincing someone that they need to try something different.
I just ordered a couple boxes of 9 shot from Apex for my Franchi affinity 20 gauge.
Sometimes I really don't like you guys! 🤣

Roger's Sporting Goods has .410 TSS shells for $25-27/box right now. When you're only shooting 1 or 2 shots per year, what does it really matter?? We spend thousands of dollars on guns, tags, hunts, powder, primers, scopes, etc…..and we're worried about $10 on a turkey shell??

I reload all of my ammo…including my TSS turkey loads. Yes, if I want to go shooting, I shoot my $$$ loads. I don't go out and shoot TSS at the trap range though. Just enough to know what my gun is gonna do when the moment of truth comes. Just like everything else….if you don't like the price you don't have to shoot it.

So you shoot once at a deer therefore $100/20 rounds is no different? Do you not shoot your $$$ hunting loads to enjoy shooting as well? Exactly what antis will want.
I see your point mr boots but this one has nothing to do with the antis or the government or any of that….this is good old American supply-and-demand capitalism at its finest (or worst? I don't know). If people will buy it even when it's that expensive why the heck would a capitalizing manufacturer not keep making them and charging whatever they decide?

Although I will say, it's freaking weird how there's NO inexpensive 410 ammo anywhere. The demand for that is certainly there as well…Why ain't they making more of it!!!???

I work at a gun store now, have had to be the bearer of bad news to about 3 dozen guys in the last month that no we don't have any 410 and no we have no way of knowing when they'll send us any. They're forever on order and unfulfilled, like federal primers and Alliant powder haha.

Sorry Calvin missed my point. The antis WANT high cost of ammo and manufacturers selling .410 at ridiculous prices is helping that cause. There is no reason for .410 that uses less components be same cost of 12. This is absurd that trying to bring youth, woman, even sustaining elderly into shooting is held back by enormous cost. The industry is cutting their own nose off with this philosophy. This is scalping in another level but for what purpose? This group is our future but yet let's make it difficult to bring them in to shooting sports thru cost. Yes it's supply and demand but what the heck is your business plan that doesn't include sustainability and growth with new shooters? Bringing in and developing youth etc? This is where greed over rides business development.

How many have .410 Mec's? I have a 12 but no .410. Shooting 100 rds a year not worth it. Heck 100rds is an hour dove shooting with 12. But 100rds of .410 $$$ is stupid cost. 🤷🏻‍♂️