TSS Ammo! R U Kidding Me?

Muddyboots

So my son bought a .410 for his soon to hunt daughters in couple years but also to take several youngsters that do not have someone to take them. Put red dot on it and it is surprisingly accurate at to 40!

But WTHELLO is the price of TSS in .410! On average its at least $42-$45 box of 5! Some over $50!

For a .410! 12 ga not much more but is many times in size quantity more in powder and shot! Seriously, the one area to bring kids into hunting and its more expensive than full bore is RIDICULOUS!

Now I did just find Browning at $37 at ~$7 off but still $7+ a shot! How does a kid practice? How do parents with multiple kids afford to get kids into shooting?

So shooting Weatherby factory ammo is freaking cheaper to shoot?

I was looking at the 410's for turkey but after seeing the price of TSS I decided to go with a 20 with Winchester LB #6 shot.
If he's going to use the TSS I would pattern it and then let the kids shoot some lead for practice.
If set up for reloading a 410 you can cut the price down some but still too much in my opinion.

So my son bought a .410 for his soon to hunt daughters in couple years but also to take several youngsters that do not have someone to take them. Put red dot on it and it is surprisingly accurate at to 40!

But WTHELLO is the price of TSS in .410! On average its at least $42-$45 box of 5! Some over $50!

For a .410! 12 ga not much more but is many times in size quantity more in powder and shot! Seriously, the one area to bring kids into hunting and its more expensive than full bore is RIDICULOUS!

Now I did just find Browning at $37 at ~$7 off but still $7+ a shot! How does a kid practice? How do parents with multiple kids afford to get kids into shooting?

So shooting Weatherby factory ammo is freaking cheaper to shoot?
Not sure if you can order ammo online in your State ? But SGAmmo has some .410 ammo for practice. Not exactly cheap for a .410. Just a cheaper alternative for practicing. Getting used to trigger pull & recoil management. https://www.sgammo.com/product/410-...-ounce-75-shot-winchester-super-x-high-bras-0

410 has always been expensive and scarce

As I said supply and demand.

When ammo was cheap 5 years ago, you could get a bulk box of cheepo walmart federal or winchester 12 gauge (100 rounds)-- for close to 20 bucks-- no way you'd ever find 100 410 rounds for that price back then--- it was more like $10/box of 25-- right now its more like $20/ box for normal lead ammo

410 has never been cheap-- 12 or 20 has always beat it in price.

Yeah, have some Fiocchi that was quite reasonable but geez, you like to practice with the hunting ammo to see patterning etc.

Its crazy that the ammo that can bring kids or even woman into shooting sports is by far more expensive and scarce to find. Ordering not a problem just the dang pricing!!!

Out of curiosity , have you tried Walmart? I'm contemplating getting a 20 gauge since same time last year but no one had shells for it locally and it was expensive online. Went browsing in the sporting good section a few weeks ago while the wife shopped and their ammo section was stocked up with reasonable prices in today's era plus they had plenty of 20, so now I'm back on a new shotgun campaign

Out of curiosity , have you tried Walmart? I'm contemplating getting a 20 gauge since same time last year but no one had shells for it locally and it was expensive online. Went browsing in the sporting good section a few weeks ago while the wife shopped and their ammo section was stocked up with reasonable prices in today's era plus they had plenty of 20, so now I'm back on a new shotgun campaign
Franchi affinity is worth a look. Just be warned that a 5.5 pound 20 with 3" does have a bit of kick to it!
Sorry to get off subject Muddy.