Trust Land

Im a history buff in general, but mostly Oregon stuff. Had relitaves on both sides of the war, some had quite the reputation be it blue or grey. But I grew up hering storys told and re-told about pioneers, and the ones we were related to. Trying to sort fact from fiction in some of these storys is difficult at best. If you ever want to read up on Oregon history Army history,and Native history all at once, read ''Thunder Over The Ochaco's'' by Gary Ontko. Absolutly Facinating, with out all the ''winners write the history books'' attitude. Many first hand accounts are re told, as well as artifacts dug up from local farmers and ranchers, and AMAZING Oregon history.

Dont go to the dark side!!! Had a buddy who went S.O.F. and figured out all to quick why they paid so much. Life expectancy is pretty **** short. Write your book first, *******!
Whos the HOTTIE with the pheasant??!!??!! If thats your cop girlfriend, tell her she needs to move to Oregon. I have a speeding problemb, so she could pull me over anytime! just kidding Im happily married. But all our female cops here go by the name ''BUTCH, or SIR, or BULL''........Horribly nasty, women with ''little man syndrome'' who's door swings the other way........ I wish WE had HOT CHICK COPS! I wouldnt mind my insurance goin up so high if it was fun gettin pulled over hahahaha. I only have 1 tickett on my record currently. I slowed down when I got married, had kids, and bought a Jeep. But my pickup has a Hemi!!!!!!
Now to heck with my paragraph,............continue ''Trust land''...........please...........were all waiting....................

Last edited:
Hey Roaddog, why dont you shoot off a P.M. to ''ss7mm'' or another moderater, to see if its ok to continue here or if they want you to do something else. At least that way you would know if you could continue here, or if they want it via e-mail or P.M.
Im guessing Mr.Backus is a bit busy with running the site, and might not have time to read and reply to every P.M. sent his way.And no one wants to ''play refferee.'' But the Moderaters have to read everything. At least you could get a yea/or/nea as to weather or not its ok to continue here or not so we can keep the story goin. Might lift a weight off your shoulders just to know.
I know no one here wants to do anything to be disrespectfull to Mr. Backus, and the rest of the L/R/H community. We all enjoy this site, and realise were all guests here, so maybe you can get an answer from a moderater.
Just my thoughts, as I want to here the rest of the story, as do many others.

Getting close to 3800 page view now so I'm guessing that the moderators have seen it and have had a pow wow of their own. My guess is that they have decided plausible deniability is better than a stamp of approval. And since all the page views were within the last three months, they don't really want to put the kahbosh to it either. I don't know, I guess we'll just see.

Ya, that's the current lucky winner of my affections. Actually, there are several hot female cops in SD and especially in the Sioux Falls area. She hunts ducks, geese, pheasants and grouse and has a Beretta 12ga. (her old hunting dog is retired too though) She hunts white tail with a Ruger M77 30-06 (cheap scope) and has taken a caribou in Alaska. She also fishes and has her own boat!!! It's only a 16' aluminum but it has a depth finder and a bow troller. She has a degree in Fishery Biology and was originally going to be a game/fish officer. After interning for several years, she changed to LE. She also spent a year in India in college.

I date all these younger women who like to date down for some reason. It must just be my radiant personality. :D

Trying to get her into LRH but her attention span is even shorter than mine. (what was I going to say agian?) Anyway, we are a little too much alike but we live far enough apart that we can still stand each other.

She comes up later in the story by the way. We jumped ahead a little.:)

Tom

Ya, Im pickin up what your puttin down.
so how bout that story when you gonna have at er'......................................:D

The next day, I received a phone call from Mark Jennings, executive vise president of Dart Warehousing. He sounded pretty happy to talk to me. I explained that I had located some product that may belong to him. Mr. Jennings explained that they had been missing large amounts of product for several years and they had reported it to the Egan, MN Police department. The Egan PD had assigned an investigator who had visited the facility and was given a list of employees. He was introduced to their Facilities manager and with his help had conducted an investigation but had come up empty handed. Mr. Jennings went on to tell me that Dart had then hired a retired FBI Agent who now is a private investigator. He was given complete access to the facility and he too came up with an empty bag. Dart had been missing big screen televisions, a pallet of PDA's, hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of baling twine and even a commercial size popcorn machine had come up missing. I asked Mr. Jennings if the name Tom Wilson meant anything to him and he said, "Uh…yes it does, Tom used to be our Facilities Manager." I scheduled another visit to the Dart Warehouse and Mr. Jennings said that he would get me anything I needed.
My birthday rolled around and Jen, surprised me with a $125 pair of Oakley sunglasses, and a 215hp supercharged Sea Doo jet boat. (I would have been happy with the sunglasses!) It seated four and each seat had sets of grab handles to keep riders from getting ejected from the boat. It had a waterproof, AM/FM stereo CD player with a built in cooler up front. It was the first time I had ever gotten a gift like that. My boat was a 12 foot aluminum v hull with a 15hp outboard, so this was quit a step up in the world. It was hot when we went to pick it up we met the salesman from Bismarck, ND in Mobridge, SD to keep from paying ND sales tax. It was 119 degrees that day! I couldn't wait to get it in the water. It was just in time for the F.O.P. picnic which was held every year on Bluedog Lake where the Day County Sheriff had a lake cabin. On the way back from picking it up, we stopped and picked up a tube and rope to pull behind the boat. Only my close friends knew about the boat so it would be a big surprise for everyone.
Jen and I rolled into the Bluedog Lake area and I couldn't stop grinning. I was like a…well…a guy with a new jet boat! We launched it down the lake a bit from the Sheriffs cabin and pulled up to the doc in the boat. It really made for a fun party. I ended up diving in after Agent Robertson's daughter after she fell off the raft we were pulling. She was afraid of the water so I was only pulling her and her mother about five miles an hour when they rolled off. I knew that his seven year old daughter was afraid of water but what I didn't know, was that his wife was even more terrified. They were both wearing life preservers but his wife kept pushing their daughters head under water as she panicked and attempted to climb on top of the seven year old little girl. As I dove in, I forgot about the $125 pair of sunglasses that I had pushed up on top of my head. I got out to the tube, and pulled his daughter over to me and then pushed her up on the raft. I grabbed his wife's life vest in my right hand then the tow rope with my left and pulled us back to the boat. That was the end of tubing for Lou's family and also the end of my cool sunglasses. The rest of the day was good and several more people (victims) took turns being pulled on the tube.
On Monday Zeus and I dropped Sako off at my parents house for the day. It was still dark but looked like it was going to be another hot one. Sako loved it there because she had other dogs to play with and Gramma always had treats for her. We got back on the road and headed off on another long drive back to Egan, MN. Before leaving, I had opted for a pair of khaki 511 pants, Doc Martin shoes (Jen bought for me) and a polo shirt with a compact version of the 1911 I normally carry, since I was meeting with professionals who most likely didn't even know that people like me still existed. My old tattered K9 uniform, consisting of black 511 tactical pants and black tactical shirt would take a well deserved break for the day. I arrived at 9am and was greeted by a secretary who took me back and introduced me to another secretary who then introduced me to Mr. Jennings. Mr. Jennings in turn, introduced me to another VP and they took me back to a meeting room where they had several folders set aside for me and even a nice assortment of donuts and coffee. Normally I'd have taken offense to the donuts but I was starving since I hadn't eaten in three and a half hours. Mr. Jennings explained that each time they had someone investigate the losses, they had put the investigator with their Facilities Manager, Tom Wilson. Wilson had led the investigators around and they could only speculate that maybe it was one of the "day laborers" that they had hired. He went on to explain that Wilson had been "let go" do to his personal use of a company credit card and problem with coming to work intoxicated. In the folders, were the employees names and each name was associated with a individual pass code for the different warehouse alarm systems. I was also given a folder sent to them by the alarm company detailing each warehouse pass code entry, time and date. I showed them photographs of the twine and a pallet jack that had been left in the semi trailer. Written on the pallet jack in black permanent marker and clearly visible in the photograph was, "Leon" Then below that was written, "Cisco". Mr. Jennings told me that Dart Warehousing Inc. rents sections of its warehouse to companies who store merchandise there. He said that they have only a fence with a gate to keep people from entering the Cisco area from within the main warehouse. Cisco was one of the Dart Warehouse renters and "Leon" was their warehouse manager. He said that Cisco has complained of two pallet jacks which had gone missing. The most recent was two weeks prior, on a Monday. Cisco had made a complaint that another pallet jack had gone missing from the locked, alarmed building. Mr. Jennings gave me a photo of Wilson and all of his personal information. He also told me that Wilson had a small trucking company, and owned a couple of old semi tractors. I asked if I could see the warehouse area and interview a few of the employees from where the twine had vanished. I was given permission and led back to the warehouse area where I interviewed five of the employees who worked around Mr. Wilson. I was asking mostly about Wilson but during my interview with a young man whom worked with Wilson, I observed signs that there was more. I dug a little deeper and eventually he admitted that Not only had he seen Wilson taking cases of food and beverages home with him on several occasions but he also had taken items from the warehouse.
I reported what I had found before leaving the facility and took the folders full of data with me. Zeus hadn't been out of my vehicle in several hours, so before leaving Egan, I found a nice front lawn of a business for him to do his business. It was getting dark when we rolled back into Roberts County but I couldn't wait to pour over the information I had been given by Jennings. I called Rick and let him know that we were getting close after stopping by my parents house to pick up Sako. When I walked into my house it was hot inside. I didn't have any air conditioning in the old Love shack so I opened as many windows as I could and kicked on a couple of fans. I walked over to the local gas station and grabbed a six pack of beer to cool me off and cracked one open as I walked back home.

To be continued...

roaddog1m, nice pic thanks for posting. Looks like a lovely lady friend...who happens to buy you expensive gifts, like similar recreation and careers...so what's the deal? Sounds like a keeper to me. Don't play it safe because of past relationships...life's too short and can get lonely especially the older you get.

I scored two drunks last night an hour apart! Been doing reports. Called to Little Moreau Park today to investigate a report of dead animals thrown off a bridge into a creek. Found 13 dead coyotes (not skinned) and 11 dead deer, (skinned and quartered) one turkey also.
Been there at least a week. Tomorrow meeting with GFP officer to try to get them all out of the water as they are polluting the river. My only clue: one Old Millwaukee beer can. (old milhonky)
Fireformed some 6mm-06AI brass today across my chrono. 100gr. Sierra @ 3200fps. Shoots under an inch while fireforming. Using RL17 and seem to have some room. Retumbo is too slow. 49gr with 105 Berger got me 2705fps. I might try the Retumbo with some 115gr Bergers or something heavy like that soon.
Ya, by the way, I can do all the fireforming and testing i want while on the clock! I can't hunt out of my patrol vehicle but I can scout and practice. :)

Why do you suppose someone/s would throw 11 dear into the water...why wouldn't they just dispose of the remains in a normal fashion?

Why do you suppose someone/s would throw 11 dear into the water...why wouldn't they just dispose of the remains in a normal fashion?

Good question! There is an empty park dumpster about 75yds from where they were dumped off the bridge. I spoke to a tribal game warden today (this was a state park) and he told me that there was a coyote calling contest two weeks ago south of here about 40 miles. He said that there have been a few dumps like that and one off a bridge in the Cheyenne River Valley.
I love coyote hunting(that's obvious) but if some knucklehead dumped his yotes off a bridge into the river, I'm going to have to sick my dog on him. There are thousands of places to dump dead carcases where you can then use them as predator bait or something. Why polute a river? Idiots!

Tom

Why folks can't walk the few extra feet to a dumpster or trash can is beyond me. I see it all the time folks just open the door in a parking lot and dump it on the ground when there's a trash can yards away. +1 idiots...lazy too.

The unfortunate thing is that we have trouble re-zeroing our mental state and then give off the attitude that people so dearly hate about cops. I'm just another human and after messing around with Lazy idiots like that for too long, sometimes the wrong person gets the brunt of your attitude. Usually a family member. I don't see any quick fix and the people who can do it successfuly have my respect.
Tomorrow the GFP guy will bring a trailer and pair of waders. Then a couple of us will get up on the bridge with a rope and pull each carcus up, one at a time and load it onto the trailer. I'm not looking forward to it. :rolleyes:
On the brighter side, at least the snow is melting and things will be picking up in prairie dogville, SD. I'm soooooo jacked!!! Got issued a new pair of Nikon Binoculars and I have a new barrel/caliber to blast at the long ranger p-doggies.
Last year I took a .22 rifle out with me and started out popping shorts at them. The are nearly silent coming out of a rifle barrel. After that I moved up to the LR ammo and then up to 22-250. A fun time was had by all! Well...maybe not the prairie dogs. But I had a great time!:D:D:D

Orville called me tonight. He was working a roll over accident along I-29 and a semi came barreling in and also lost control (fire trucks and ambulance already on scene) and he wiped out Orville's patrol car. I had one wipe out one of mine in 2003. I just don't know what to think about truck drivers!

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts