Trigger Pull

Broken Brow

I like to have some trigger work done on my shotguns for turkey. Have your gunsmith remove creep and reduce trigger pull. I stay around 3 – 4 lbs for turkeys, but I see a lot of guys on this site prefer to go lighter than that.
A search kicks back quite a bit of info.

My mossberg breaks at about 3.5 and that's ok. Wish the new adjustable trigger would work on mine, but mossberg says no. Have you shot one of those yet? You can get some great triggers for Remingtons. May have to check on one of those for the 20 ga. 870. Haven't even checked it yet, but seems close to the mossberg.

Timney makes a trigger fix kit for the 870. A bit pricey, but it's supposed to work great. It comes with a new sear and 3 different weight springs and makes the trigger adjustable. (Cheaper than dirt has the best price i can find)

Someone makes a complete trigger assembly for the 870 that's adjustabe, but I can't remember who it was and it was rather expensive.

The Timney kit is probably the way to go.

Wish the new adjustable trigger would work on mine, but mossberg says no. Have you shot one of those yet?

I have seen the 870 trigger fix that you are talking about, but have not gone that route yet for my shotguns. I have just have had work done on the factory triggers.

Timney makes some nice triggers for rifles and I have used those

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts