Dave’s Sable

HammerBullets

88C585DC-FC8A-4919-ACAA-E4F527F25C6A.jpeg

Dave sent us a video of a beautiful Sable he shot in his Safari.
Shot was at 151 Yards. It ran 80 yards. 181 Hammer Hunter complete pass-through. He was using his Cooper M52 300WM.
Congratulations Dave and thanks for sharing.

Nice sable, but honestly, unless someone posts where they shot it, I automatically think "RSA high fenced hunt," especially when it comes to sable. My respect level goes sky high if this was shot in Tanz or Zambia, if not, well, hey - the bullet worked great!

Nice sable, but honestly, unless someone posts where they shot it, I automatically think "RSA high fenced hunt," especially when it comes to sable. My respect level goes sky high if this was shot in Tanz or Zambia, if not, well, hey - the bullet worked great!
yes I agree he should post where he shot it.

I don't care where he shot it...nice Sable. And yeah, judging from the PH's accent probably SA. I've hunted several places in Africa including "fenced" property in SA Limpopo area. When a critter is on a 10,000 acre parcel (~16 square miles), they don't know they are inside a high fence. Besides, I have personally witnessed an Eland jump a high fence like it was a minor inconvenience. Hunting with Limcroma Safaris, I spent several days hunting all day after our intended critter and each hunt was a full-on hunt. Never got the feeling they were dragging them out on a leash. By the way, I hunt all over the world and in each location, I hunt the way the locals hunt, glass, stalks, stands, blinds, bait, no bait whatever is the "accepted" method. Never understood the hate on south Africa hunting...IMO that's like saying you wouldn't like hunting on the King ranch--825,000 acres behind various heights of fence.