Trained Adult Lab Stopped Retrieving Pheasant

I am part of the NW Pointing Lab club and have a 2xGMPR and AKC Master Hunter labrador.

Has your dog been force fetched? If so, you have a tool to enforce a proper fetch. Otherwise, you have no tools and have a higher chance of making the situation worse.

Do not just use your ecollar if your dog has not been force fetched and collar conditioned on fetch.

Off subject but I believe my next lab will be a British lab and not a American lab. Not ruined by show dogs and pets but still bred
Thanks for the feedback. We are going to get back to it again this weekend and have been using the wings and bumper for 10 min each night. Keeping it limited keeps her excitement. Crazy thing is I never trained her to point, she just does it. I've never seen this in labs but understand it does exist. Appreciate everyone's feedback!!!
Thanks for the feedback. We are going to get back to it again this weekend and have been using the wings and bumper for 10 min each night. Keeping it limited keeps her excitement. Crazy thing is I never trained her to point, she just does it. I've never seen this in labs but understand it does exist. Appreciate everyone's feedback!!! Thanks
Yes, Labs and Springers pointing does happen. I have never encouraged or rewarded the pointing behavior, it is not what I want in a flushing breed.

All of my flushing breeds were trained to work close and when the dog got birdie your skeet skills better be honed! I had a Field Springer that was the dampest flushing dog I ever hunted with. He would wind a bird check where I and my hunting partner were and usually flush the bird for a quartering or oncoming flush. One of the best flushing dogs I ever hunted over. Nothing trained he just knew how hunt instinctively. Both sire and dame were on site and his mother would work like this in a filed, but she was a field trial dog. He had one really bad trait and I always told anyone that went hunting with me to never reach down to take a bird from him, he will bite you. He wouldn't bother you unless you tried to take his bird. He would offer, but you had better ignor him! He didn't live a long life, but was a great hunter for 7 years until he did bite someone without a bird?

Anyway, good luck with your hunting partner and enjoy her for what she is, your hunting partner. Their lives are too short!

a good e collar on low below 10 is had to feel around 20 a tingle dogs feel around 10 after training
I don't know of the quality of the collar and have to assume he wasn't lying about the power setting but it caused spasms in my leg that led to me pushing the accelerator to the floor and almost rear ending a car; of course it was my fault for being a wuss.

Recent Posts