Thinking about a 6x45 build

I really thought about the 6X45. 223 is so much fun because it's cheap shooting. I already had quality 26 inch 243's. So it came down to cost and 6 X 45mm isn't something that I would take out PD hunting and do 300 rounds a day.

So I bought the Valkyrie upper match grade stainless. It is my long range squirrel gun.

These used to be about 10 cents each when you bought them by the thousands. I bought 5000 and they are about gone. :)

I got the 1:7 and 22 inches

https://eabco.com/ar-15-224-valkyrie-24-accuracy-barrel-by-eabco-stainless-fluted-threaded-hbar-1-7/

Last edited:
The 6x45 is a really fun cartridge with a great history, but... 🤔 I think a guy would be foolish not to look at the 6 MAX these days in an AR bang stick. The 6 MAX in performance kind of reminds me of the old 6mm Tomcat which was the .25 Tomcat before that, based on the .224 Weatherby Mag case, actually a very nice little cartridge as 6mm go. just my 0.2 Cheers

I had a 6x45 a few years ago. I wanted to shoot 105s. Never could get it to work the way I wanted. That was in a bolt gun. I still have the dies on the shelf. I got a 6ARC when that came out and I love that in a gas gun. That has gotten me thinking because I have a bucket of 223 brass. I'm not a big 223 fan, but I like 6mm. I looked at the 6MAX, but you can't make that from 223. However, the 6 mongoose in a gas gun is a project I'm looking at for this year. 223 brass, mags, bolt, but the ability to run up to 105s hpbts in a magpul mag.

Thinking of an AR 6x45 build. I've got tons of LC brass, lots of 6mm bullets, powder..........
Plan is to just buy a barrel, I've got an upper ready for the build. Leaning towards an 18" and shoot 70gn and under bullets
Only thing I would need is the dies and mandrels to make the brass

Would like to hear your opinions
I shoot a 6*223 and it's a pleasure! Just run your LC brass through the dies load and shoot! Mine is a 24" match rifle. NRA high power.