Thinking about a 6x45 build

mkk

Thinking of an AR 6x45 build. I've got tons of LC brass, lots of 6mm bullets, powder..........
Plan is to just buy a barrel, I've got an upper ready for the build. Leaning towards an 18" and shoot 70gn and under bullets
Only thing I would need is the dies and mandrels to make the brass

Would like to hear your opinions

With a 6x45 it would be good since it's not a rebated rim. Your bullet selection will be limited as not seating deep (past the shoulder). Having Sierra 90fmj would be my main goal for the 6x45, but speeds were slower than what I want. The 6max might not be as rebated enough to be an issue (videos can lie). 22N has been a hit and miss on reliable function based on reviews/post I've read. I was wanting to do a 284win instead on 7-08 in an AR, but the rebate held me back. 6x45 would've been in the original Stoner build, but gave way to the 5.56 to meet requirements on the DoD.

I think the 6x45 is awesome. If I didn't have a 25/45 I'd have a 6/45. I just sold a 300bo so it still might happen.

OP I may have some 6mm projectiles in that weight range you are looking at. If you go 6/45 and want them I'll be glad to work something out with you as I don't see myself using them at this point.

I had an X-Caliber barrel in fast twist .243 that was a great shooter, I'll probably try one of theirs for this build.

Thanks for all the help...........Any preference on dies?
All I use are rcbs and redding the last 40 years. I do use the lfc for crimps. Shellholders from redding seem to work for AR's to size the base. I've always set my dies up this way (without case being in holder, ram fully extended, adjust die till it contacts holder, tighten without holding die and tighten lock ring/nut). It should leave enough room to "cam over" for better base sizing. It works for me.

I had one for years and loved it. I shot 85gr Interbonds, 90gr nosler and 70 gr hammer. Stayed with the hammer as the interbond became unavailable. Killed some great deer and a lot of pigs with it. It really is a fantastic little round. I'm really shocked it didn't take off. I had a er Shaw barrel on mine.

I had one for years and loved it. I shot 85gr Interbonds, 90gr nosler and 70 gr hammer. Stayed with the hammer as the interbond became unavailable. Killed some great deer and a lot of pigs with it. It really is a fantastic little round. I'm really shocked it didn't take off. I had a er Shaw barrel on mine.
Did you use 5.56 brass or 223rem? Just wondering if using the 5.56 you can get the extra max pressure difference between the to? That extra 7k in pressure really adds velocity.

I had an X-Caliber barrel in fast twist .243 that was a great shooter, I'll probably try one of theirs for this build.

Thanks for all the help...........Any preference on dies?
When I was looking to build Redding was all I could find in stock but they happen to be my preference anyway.