The BEST hearing protection for shooting.

Huntnful

I just realized I haven't shared these awesome ear plugs with anyone besides my immediate shooting buddies. These are AMAZING for the money. And I've have $2000 custom molded electric ear plugs also. I quit using them when I found these. These amplify sound for all around use, and immediately shut off at the sound of a shot. I wear them when I'm shooting, still-hunting through timber, duck hunting & everything else shooting related. Pair them with some awesome molded ear piece attachments from Amazon and you won't regret it! You charge the main ear plug case, and every time you put the individual ear plugs back into the case, it then charges the ear plugs. The batteries LAST. I've worn the ear plugs from 7:00am-2:00pm and they still have 40% left when I dropped them back into their case. I highly recommend!

Comply Professional Noise Isolating Earphone Tips for NuForce, ISOtunes PRO, Q-Jays, Etymotic Research, Westone, Shure & More P-Series Memory Foam Replacement Earbud Tips (Medium, 3-pairs) Amazon product ASIN B003VNB0UC

I really appreciate your recommendation. I have been thinking about trying these for awhile, and now I know they will be a good choice. Thanks, again!
You're welcome! They're great! Everyone that has seen me with them and tried them, have bought them. I have zero regrets. And actually relatively cheap compared to a lot of automatic ear plugs.

These are great, I use mine for hunting and general shooting all the time. My only gripes are that the battery contacts on one of my units seems to have gotten a little rusty from my toxic body chemistry and sometimes won't charge when placed back in the case. Might see what Otto will do about that since I have tried some light vinegar and such but it keeps coming back. Also if you drop one while hunting they are a SOB to find and there isn't a great way to dummy chord them.

One thing to think about:

Sound reaches your eardrum through the ear canal and through the tissue surrounding your ear. Over the head protection provides some protection from both. In the ear protection obviously cannot.

I went for a hearing test the other day. They put me in a small soundproof booth to conduct the tests. After the usual in-the-ear test they put a device just behind my ear and introduced all the different pitch sounds again. They did this on each side.

I think the in-the-ear protection is a great idea for hunting even though I never wore anything while hunting over the last few decades. However, the added benefit of muff type hearing protection may well be worth the inconvenience, especially with so many braked rifles around today.

Being an old guy with a lifetime of shooting behind him, and knowing a lot of other old guys in the same boat I'm going to go out on a limb and say if you go through a lifetime of shooting you will be death or nearly so in the end no matter what you spend on hearing protection if you don't pair it with a good suppressor on the end of the gun. Without that it is not possible to reduce the DB enough to save your hearing. Putting Suppressors in the NFA was one of the meaner things the feds did to the citizens of this country.

I just paid 7400.00 on hearing aids and I still can't hear my grandsons little voice.I wish I could go back and buy the best hearing protection I could afford.

Wow - that's a bummer. I've got 3- 3 year old grandsons running around here 4-5x/wk. Those little dudes bring life to this house.

Suppressors... suppressors are the best because they also handle bone conduction that happens when the blast hits your skull. You can wear the best ear plugs, with the best ear muffs money can buy, and you will still suffer hearing loss from bone conduction with repetitive muzzle blasts. This is a real thing and probably the most misunderstood and least talked about of all hearing injuries.

Mufflers aren't optional. Suppressors shouldn't be either. I hate that some folks nanny-state governments won't allow them. (like the OP's) Not only do they not care about shooters, they want to hurt them.

I say this as another member walking around with $7,400 in my ears every day. (we must wear the same brand. lol) However, even better would be the OP's suggestion AND a suppressor.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate