TARGET BULLETS ARE NOT HUNTING BULLETS!

You should frame that photo, it is just amazing. Warmth, color, your daughter's smile, it brings a smile to my face. Congrats to her and you!!!
Couldn't agree more. A very well done photo worthy of a frame.

OP please tell me this was with a high dollar camera and not a phone? I'd really hate to sell my camera gear…

Pretty simple. Add a bag of ice to the bottom of a large ice chest throw in a hind quarter and a front shoulder, add some more ice throw in the other hind quarter and the front quarter and your trim and cover with ice.

Keep it closed up and drain as needed. The ice will melt fairly quickly at the beginning, but once the meat is cooled to the bone, the ice will last a long time. Replace ice as necessary. I've done two antelope and a deer this year so far with the ice aging method and left them for 12 days. I don't think it hurts to rotate the meat either but sometimes the ice gets really hard and it's hard to access the meat.

As you drain the water, it will be extremely bloody at first, but by the seventh or eighth day it's barely pink. I think it does a good job of removing all of the blood. Everything I've eaten has been very tender and mild.
You can add some salt to the process also if you like. Sort of like brining. i do fish and alligator that way for about a week. Really takes a lot of blood and gamey taste out of the meat.

Hopefully y'all can open these. 6.5 Grendel 123 eldm at 2500fps mv. The last 4 photos are 140 eldm at 150 yards from 6.5-06 running 2990 at muzzle.
You can double click on the links to get the videos to come up.

425 yards https://share.icloud.com/photos/0769XGXThlI0MjpMxzVGjmcgw
180 yards

80 yards 123 eldm
IMG_0824.jpegIMG_0822.jpegIMG_0824.jpegIMG_0822.jpeg

Last edited:
A 180 eldm has no business being shot at an animal you unethical sons of guns!! Oh wait…never mind.

I thought this was going to be some interesting reading in the blind this morning sitting here with my 280ai loaded with 180eldm's.....hoping to shoot a deer with them today, so far only hogs and coyotes. This guy only went about 20 yards after being hit with one....pretty good test of a bullet.
IMG_2334.jpg