Talk me into or out of buying a suppressor, please.

Once you go suppressed, there is no looking back.
I have 3, and will be buying another after the new year.
I run all Thunderbeast. I use the CB on all my rifles. If (God forbid) I ever cross thread or booger up my threads, I would rather do it to a $120 CB adapter rather than the threads on the barrel.
Get a .308 can and use it on all the rifles you mentioned. I run .308 cans on .224/6mm/.257/6.5mm/7mm/.308.

I've often wondered how many people are dedicated to reviewing applications for suppressors at the ATF. Maybe this is something that AI will improve. I get a picture in my head of 3 or 4 people sitting in an office completely overwhelmed by the work load.

I've often wondered how many people are dedicated to reviewing applications for suppressors at the ATF. Maybe this is something that AI will improve. I get a picture in my head of 3 or 4 people sitting in an office completely overwhelmed by the work load.
3-4? You're being generous.
I'm thinking 2 max. Lol
I picture stacks of form 4's looking like the leaning tower of Pisa all around them.
And mine is on the very bottom of the farthest one in the corner….

Definitely get a suppressor but do yourself a favor and don't buy that Banish 30!
It was my first suppressor and I regret it, modular cans are a gimmick and a huge PITA.
It does ok at 9" but totally sucks at 7, my 8.4" Nomad LT absolutely smokes it.
I'd look hard at a Diligent Defense Enticer Lti from capitolarmory.com

Buy several they all come in use. Strongly suggest Multi Cal. cans for more user friendly options. Don't forget they all have their proprietary mounts, caps, direct thread, etc. I'm stocked up with one brand, and no way do I want to buy duplicate items because of a different brand. It still takes a long time, and it is getting shorter the last few years.

AB has a bogo going on right now to. I really like their cans. I have a raptor 6 and now an 8 on the way. I highly recommend getting the 8 if it's your first can. It's within a half an ounce of the lightest eight stack out there and I really like the added reflex. Comes in any caliber you want it to.

3-4? You're being generous.
I'm thinking 2 max. Lol
I picture stacks of form 4's looking like the leaning tower of Pisa all around them.
And mine is on the very bottom of the farthest one in the corner….
in 2014 there were 26 examiners. That number has fluctuated up and down slightly over the years.

Lets just assume it's the same...because "Government"
In 2023 there were 1,069,787 NFA Applications.
With 240 working days per year...(and let's be honest, Gov is taking off every holiday they can come up with)
That breaks down to each examiner processing 171 per day. Every day.
In a typical Gov 8 hour work day, that breaks down to a little over 21 per hour or 3.5 applications every 10 minutes.

all that and it still takes roughly 220 days per approval.

nfa_forms_processed_fy23.png
Processing Times.jpg

I've had great experiences with Capitol Armory. They are only an hour and a half away so I skip the mail to me method. But they will mail the can to you.

Recent Posts