Swaging guys

Yes. I've been swaging for 40+ years. Though, I don't seem to do it as much as I once did. Currently, I do 3 rifle calibers and 5 handgun calibers.

I still have the Corban press I used when I made 7mm bullets. I had a Weatherby Mark V 7mm Magnum I could put five Nosler Ballistic Tip 150 grainers into an inch at 100 yards. With my hand made bullets I could put five into 1/2".

I made lighters ones and I made partitions also.
Now you seriously have my attention.
Talk to me about how you were making those 7mm bullets

I learned something new today. Entry point would be expensive, wish I knew about it years ago.

Now you seriously have my attention.
Talk to me about how you were making those 7mm bullets

I learned something new today. Entry point would be expensive, wish I knew about it years ago.
It isn't cheap for sure but man it would be cool to be able to make your own bullets that aren't from a mold

I swage also with a Corbin CSP-1 S-press and have dies for .224, .257 and .338! When we had the primer shortage during the Clinton administration, I figured we'd have other shortages, so bit the bullet and bought the Corbin press & dies for .224 and .257 -- somewhat later for the .338! Since then I've gone through a couple of .338 rifles and I'm getting older now, so have no use for my .338 rifles any more, so they went down the road! Therefore I've thought about letting my .338 dies go -- along with the lead wire and jackets for .338! Swaging is expensive to get into but as long as a person has a supply of lead wire and jackets, they'd never have to worry about bullet shortages again!

I swage also with a Corbin CSP-1 S-press and have dies for .224, .257 and .338! When we had the primer shortage during the Clinton administration, I figured we'd have other shortages, so bit the bullet and bought the Corbin press & dies for .224 and .257 -- somewhat later for the .338! Since then I've gone through a couple of .338 rifles and I'm getting older now, so have no use for my .338 rifles any more, so they went down the road! Therefore I've thought about letting my .338 dies go -- along with the lead wire and jackets for .338! Swaging is expensive to get into but as long as a person has a supply of lead wire and jackets, they'd never have to worry about bullet shortages again!
I have plenty of lead but it's not in wire form.
Were you making your jackets or buying them?

I still have the Corban press I used when I made 7mm bullets. I had a Weatherby Mark V 7mm Magnum I could put five Nosler Ballistic Tip 150 grainers into an inch at 100 yards. With my hand made bullets I could put five into 1/2".

I made lighters ones and I made partitions also.
What were you using for the jackets?

My dad has a swager for .224. We have had great fun making fragmenting varmint rounds. Some led shot pressed into the jacket instead of lead wire leads to a fragile, explosive, very effective squirrel round.

Do you have to use the Corbin press or can you use the RCBS RC IV?

What were you using for the jackets?
I bought jackets from a fellow called Butch Harrell some time ago. I have 1000 that are normal jacket material with a .018 wall thickness and a second batch of pure copper jackets with .030 wall thickness. The pure copper jackets make 270 gr bullets for the 338! Not sure how many of the pure copper jackets I have -- either 500 or 1000 -- would have to count.