Suppressor help

I would take the rifle and suppressor to one of the good gunsmiths noted above for a hands on professional opinion. We can all sit here and look at pics and guess. It is extremely hard to do a complete diagnosis from pictures. Roll the dice and shoot it as is? If we/you are wrong, see below.

A good suppressor is a lifetime investment. Not worth a baffle strike taking a chance.
A barrel is a consumable and if you are lucky you will wear it out having fun and replace it.
Yeah, it sucks to lose an inch of barrel you were counting on. But I think once you screw that suppressor on and shoot it, you will forget all about it.
21 might become your new lucky number!

Good luck and don't forget to post a follow up. We all learn from each others mistakes and triumphs.
I've made worse mistakes, if it makes you feel better.

Well done, cut your losses and move one.

I just had a similar experience with putting a brake on my Tikka 300WM for hunting. Had the smith put a rearden brake on. First two shots hit the end cap. Sent the suppressor back in to DDI and took the gun to the smith. They said it was fine, so I bought my own rod and showed them it was off (same as yours just off center). I had to wait for them to buy an alignment rod and check. Meanwhile a machinist at work is telling me what everyone here was saying, just find a new smith.

Problem ended up being they used shims to align the brake because they cut too much off when they first threaded it. Had them put on a cherry bomb and it all lined up. Not quite what I wanted but at least I can move forward with it. And I won't use them again.

Send it! it will be fine.

JK. Get your money back and re-thread and re-crown.

I have an Omega. It's kind of a course thread on to the break. Well, one day it got cross-threaded and my first shot was about 5 feet low.

Hmm. Odd, so I start cranking it up. I shot probably a dozen rounds before I realized what happened.

The bullets were hitting the end cap and getting deflected down.

No harm done to the end cap or baffles. Lots of copper shavings in the can from the bullets hitting.

Probably helped that they were subsonic at 1000 fps and not 3000 fps. That might have been catastrophic.

All better, shot em both today and did great

Attachments

• IMG_2698.jpeg
    IMG_2698.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 20