Hornady marketing

how long have you considered Hornady a premier bullet maker?
I'm wondering when I missed the transition. I started out with Nosler and Sierra in the 70/80's because they were the only 2 large scale manufacturers that were consistent at the time. Speer and Hornady were NOT of the same quality.
Ohhhh. I used Sierra when I started in the late 80's. Dad liked them and Nosler Partitions. He liked the bc on the Sierras and low cost.

When I bought my SSK Contender, JD Jones proudly sold me Hornady dies and told me to buy their bullets. Wow! Did that pistol ever shoot. Shot several deer with it! Just plain old lead tipped interlocks.

Years ago Hornady came out with the A-Max, plastic tip. Ones I used shot well. Sierra followed with their version then Hornady came out with another version of tipped bullets, ELD I think. Now it's Hornady with A-tip match (aluminum tips). It's just marketing…..
The companies are in the bullet selling business We're in the bullet buying business ergo……
They call that development. Marketing is what you do to sell your engineering improvements. Surely you get that, or are you still off-roading with a 2wd?

engineers are great only in their own minds
Yea, and heat sucks.
Follow the science "wear the mask " take the vaccine" it is engineered 🤪
If you say so, make your own science. Test it if you want….or just make it up.😱

Hornady dies…..a whole discussion of its own!
I can't comment on their bullets because I have not loaded/shot/hunted with them since Interbond which were good projectiles but I can comment on their dies and brass. Very disappointing! I'm grateful they give the shooting/loading/hunting community an option in components and would like to see our community have plenty of options in choosing their choice components for themselves. They are not in my rotation of loads but I'm sure no one cares as my only interest in others' loads is their experience and are satisfied. No matter which projectile, send it!

Their seaters made an LE Wilson fan out of me.
Before the old press gets blamed, take note that Redding and Whiddens worked fine in it.

th 210's in 44 and the shot capsules show unavailable through Speer at present

The .452 .45 Colts are the ones I've been searching for.

Thanks for checking for me.

In the late 60's through the mid 70's if you wanted an accurate rifle you bought a Rem 700. Also we felt if a rifle would not shoot with factory Rem ammunition something was wrong with the rifle. Note. accurate was 1.25" or better. Now Remington's are junk and I have not seen their ammo recommended in years.
Hornady has expanded the market whether through product introduction or marketing it has benefited us all. As best I recall all ammunition manufacturers load to pressure/velocity standards and the bulk/non-canister powders they use often change with different lots and availability. Nosler has changed bullet design many times over the years with out notification or printing the change on their packaging. Not sure why the hostility toward Hornady.
P.S.
Neither "All day long" or "Fullest extent of the law" constitute punctuation.

I for one would like to see Bryan Litz do an analysis of this and publish the results.
We are currently working on a way to share consistency data industry wide in a way that is fair to the companies, and usable to the public.

He works for Berger. It would be like Ford telling you what they thought about Chevy.

Hornady bullets are not expensive and readily available, so it's pretty easy for an average guy to do their own analysis by shooting them. Not as easy as complaining about the "evil marketing" on a free forum I suppose.
Applied Ballistics isn't just Bryan. We're an independent lab that does 3rd party testing for many companies (not just Berger), and Bryan is not making every decision/conclusion. In the end, we're judged by the accuracy of our information, which we encourage people to verify. That's the best we can do.

Don't they all use a blend of many for mass production?
No. I have had this conversation with a number of manufacturers. They do not all do this. For instance Fiocchi works hard to stick with powders they know are cleaner, instead of chasing velocity. Berger uses Vihtavuori and so does Lapua for their production ammo.... In short they do not all do this.