South Dakotans! Where you at?

The last time I sopke to my kid brother he was attached to a harness filling cracks in George Washingtons head, at Mt RUSHMORE.

I am from Sioux Falls, grew up in the small town of Burke. I am new to this site. Have been a life long hunter. I am developing a real interest in long range hunting and shooting.

If any of you guys stop off at Mt Rushmore and see a guy there working and has one arm thats my nephew Andy. Just say high. He got a Cow Elk tag this year.

My computer died so it been awhile. It's sucks to lose your computer. I'm in Black hawk SD Maybe now that we have had some rain it's a good time to go out shooting. gun)

What's up fellas. I'm from east river but I do 90% of my hunting and LR shooting in Bennett Co.
Private 1150 range right at the house and 2000yd steel a 1/2 mile down the road.
Doesn't get much better than that.

O'Neill Ops is probably gonna have a range day some time this summer, but I don't have ANY details yet.

c_bass16 you are lucky, I'm east river also but no where to shoot long range either. I would be really interested in the O'niell ops day. Please let me know details when you get some thanks.

North Central SD here. Just getting into the long range game, not sure if I will make it a real hobby of long range target shooting, just want to be good enough to not let a buck give me the slip for being out a little too far.

The Varmint Hunters Association does have a nice range just west of Ft Pierre. It goes out to 600 yards is all but hey its a start. The hard part is finding a place that will go out to 1000 yds or further. When I need to do that I head for the Grass Lands as there are a few places out there that I can get out to 1500 yds without worrying about a motorcycle or cow or etc. coming over the hill behind my target.
SD has a huge need for a place to get out to at least 1000 yds that is safe and without worry of whats behind the target.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.