South Dakotans! Where you at?

Hello I am going to the Blackhills with the family next week. June 8-15. Wanted to bring the 308 if I could find an area or person to shoot with in the 400-800yard range.
Any public ranges? Anyone buy Jellystone Park that likes to throw lead out a long way at paper and steel?
Thanks
Troy

Deadline is almost here for SD deer draw

Just a friendly reminder if you are planning to hunt deer in SD the cutoff is next week so get your apps turned in.

hello

Myself and Dale Salmon are getting a long range/tactical fun shoot going. We are planning on having it early september. The shoot will be held in the Redfield/Tulare area if I dont find a better palce before then. More details on the south dakota long range facebook page. gun)

Thanks
Chris

I don't remember if I ever stopped by to introduce myself here or not...so here I am. :D

I'll stop in and write some more after I read a little and see what everyone is talkin about!

started west river last week end and ready for east river to start as long as I have my big muley by then I can concentrate on the white tails. Nice living on the river both hunting areas are less than 15 minutes from my front door

I've been a member for a year but just mostly read the forums. I live in Rapid City, and a avid long range shooter. Have a number of long range guns mostly HS Precision, really great shooters all of them from 223 to 416 rigby.

Anyone out there have 338 ultra for sale in a PHR, HS for sale a buddy of mine is looking for one?

moved to mobridge sd little over a year ago i came from jamestown nd enjoy long-range shooting and hunting and hunting big game. Headed to alaska in sept for caribou drop camp, really looking forward to it. Any one out there like backpack hunting? i ordered a bunch of new things and just getting into it. looking to do a backpack muleteer trip this fall somewhere in sd i know its not the mountains but thought it would be fun.

Hello everyone...newbie to the site. Live in SE part of the state. I only shoot 20 cal. long range. I know that doesn't make much sense, but like dog hunting and the challenge of it all. Longest shots just under 800 yards. Been doing it for some time, but there are no dogs around here and its getting real hard to find a place to shoot out west..Refuse to go on the res. And really not interested in the pay to play. I have my own machine shop, so do all my own gun work.. Wonderful hobby...it never ends :) Looking forward to reading the info that's available on this site...

Hey guys newbie from Hartford currently living in Colorado going to school for gunsmithing moving back in december to (hopefully) set up a long range hunting shop specializing in precision hunting rifles heres my latest build 300 win mag

Attachments

• boom stick 1.jpg
    boom stick 1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 136
  • boom stick 2.jpg
    boom stick 2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 133
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.