Should we start to boycot these high prices?

This.

High ammo and component prices are high for the same reason our Healthcare is so d@mn expensive. So many major corporations are reporting record profits yet many Americans are toeing the poverty line. Why? Greed. Aka pure unadulterated and unregulated capitalism. Capitalism works great when there's some humanity involved on the part of the big money makers, but that's not a thing anymore.

There needs to be some re structuring so the regular Joe's like me can afford stuff. It's getting rediculous. $50k a year barely gets you to the bottom middle class anymore.
How many people can support a family of 4 at 50k? Not many. No way in some areas. Record profits is crazy. Regulating capitalism is a contradiction in terms. I don't have the answer.

How many people can support a family of 4 at 50k? Not many. No way in some areas. Record profits is crazy. Regulating capitalism is a contradiction in terms. I don't have the answer.
if they can't support a family of 4 on that salary MAYBE JUST MAYBE they shouldn't of had kids and became a family of 4
living BEYOND ones means and salary is not the corporations or the governments fault its yours for living or trying to live a lifestyle you cannot afford

It has, you are just not willing to accept it. As someone noted, go ahead and boycott. No one is being forced to support to buy their product.
I agree with you that I don't have to buy the product. But NO ONE is actually stating the solution. Only the problems, outcomes of the problems if you will. Myself included.

I agree with you that I don't have to buy the product. But NO ONE is actually stating the solution. Only the problems, outcomes of the problems if you will. Myself included.
The biggest issue is it's from every direction, you can put your finger on a half dozen reasons that combines are contributing.
Just imagine your a company that works on a 2% margins and you rely on volume sales to make the year end come out. This would be like car dealerships. Your entire model is based on moving a certain amount of volume, what happened is first you sold out of product which equals record profits then you get slammed by inflation and despite record raises and efforts to keep employees you loose a percentage you can not replace. You now can't get any product to sell so you have to change your entire model to a margins based strategy so now you've had to raise your prices what looks like an insane amount when in reality your looking at books this year that are ugly, while having people calling you a crook!! It's super awesome by the way to be called a crook when you just sold something for cost just so you can keep an employee employed doing something, pretty much just makes you want to throw your hands up and walk away but you have families looking for a pay check to keep going so you put things on float and hope for better soon!!

if they can't support a family of 4 on that salary MAYBE JUST MAYBE they shouldn't of had kids and became a family of 4
living BEYOND ones means and salary is not the corporations or the governments fault its yours for living or trying to live a lifestyle you cannot afford

How about the fact that my wife and I both make 50k a year, own a home in a rural area that started out as a barn in 1978 that I repair myself, drive older cars that are paid off and I repair myself, and still have to be super careful about how much we spend on non necessities? We make just under 100k/yr combined and I have to check the bank account before I buy that mythical box of 28nosler brass that just appeared by itself on the shelf at the local sporting goods store... And then while I'm trying to pull it up on my slow phone some one else wanders off with it...

100k/yr for 2 people should give us a decent cushion right? Not for the last couple years.

Take your blinders off and you'll see. Until then, it does not matter what anyone of us says.

Last edited:
@bigngreen I dont think places like yours are the problem. If every business was run like with some humanity and concern for others like you're showing in that post we would be in a different place today. Thanks for being a decent business owner and not trying to profit off of this situation more than you need to run and live. Unfortunately the big players that have their fingers in all pots don't care about you and me. Only their investers and their pockets.

There's no good or easy answer to it other than people need to start caring about other people again instead of only caring how they can exploit the other people. And I dunno how we get there.

XSIVSPD who are you referring to? This whole thread has been filled with alot of accusations with no supporting evidence. Yes if you go on gunbroker and a few other places there are some people price gouging so don't buy from them. I would say the norm is people are running buisnesses the way they need to for their buisness to survive.

I agree that a family making $100k/yr should be doing OK but that is not the reality right now. If you voted for Brandon and his gang then you got what you voted for. If you did not you are paying the price for others stupidity. He projected exactly what he was going to do and he has done it. Everyone should have seen this coming.

Sorry you are struggling right now.

How about the fact that my wife and I both make 50k a year, own a home in a rural area that started out as a barn in 1978 that I repair myself, drive older cars that are paid off and I repair myself, and still have to be super careful about how much we spend on non necessities? We make just under 100k/yr combined and I have to check the bank account before I buy that mythical box of 28nosler brass that just appeared by itself on the shelf at the local sporting goods store... And then while I'm trying to pull it up on my slow phone some one else wanders off with it...

100k/yr for 2 people should give us a decent cushion right? Not for the last couple years.
How much does the State of Alaska add to that 100k, just for living in the state?