Seek outside Redcliff vs 4 man tipi

finbob

Does anyone have any thoughts that would lead me towards one or the other? I have stayed in the tipi and was quite impressed!

I went with the redcliff and Large U turn stove. I have absolutely no regrets. I packed it solo for 12 miles in NM for elk. The whole system is 6 total pounds. You forget about those few extra pounds awfully fast when it's 10 degrees outside and you have the stove ripping though.

With two people it's a palace, where you can stand to get dressed and have your gear and cooking stuff laid everywhere.

With three people and some organization, It's still roomy enough!! I'd say 3 people and a large stove is about max though.

FYI, Rent Outdoor Gear.com has the Redcliff in their hunting gear rental fleet if you wanted to try it out. They also rent the whole line of Titanium stoves. With their keeper program you can apply the whole rental (up to 7-days) toward a purchase. Something to think about if you're on the fence and not sure if you'll like flourless shelters or not sure which one you want.
Link —-> Rent Outdoor Gear