Scope Turret Magnifier

I'm looking forward to hearing if they work — and if anyone else has other suggestions to improve the visibility of turret settings.

Because I'm in the same boat, guessing rather than reading turret settings.... 🤦🏻‍♂️

Matthias
With great initial apprehension, I eventually went the "store bought" new eyes route, and have never regretted it. Double cataract surgery changed my world.......vivid colorfully beautiful world again; no glasses for distance or reading.....low light scope turrets included......eyes are the only part now working like a youngin'. Looking to jack up my noggin......."hold my beer, watch this" life experiences too hard to re-live......those are why several parts now rattle/don't work right..... and drive an "all new parts" version under it.
Friend bought me a T-shirt reading...
"Built in the Forties.....
19's, not 18's.
Survivor condition.
Some parts still work.
All offers considered.
All sales final." Gotta love that little lady...... :) :) :)

With great initial apprehension, I eventually went the "store bought" new eyes route, and have never regretted it: Double cataract surgery.

I am not a monkey (though some insist I am/was). But fac is that my arms aren't long enough to hold the ammo box far enough away from my eyes so I can read the small print without glasses.

➔ I went to an eye doc.
Laid a bundle of cash on his desk.
So he'd check my eyes out and make a recommendation how to fix'em.

At the end the doc told me: "Your eyes are doing great, just a little difficulty with close ups like reading. Get some reading glasses."

Me: "Please, doc, I don't want to put a piece of twisted metal and glass smack into my face. Can't you just operate on my eyes?!"

Doc: "Nope. Your eyes are way too good to operate on them already."

I didn't like his answer. And I really really like the doctor — because he didn't take advantage of my ignorance and my misguided eagerness to pay for an operation — but recommended what was best for me.
A rare breed of honesty, customer service, and professional ethics.
(Are these characteristics of us LRH's? 😊)

Friend bought me a T-shirt reading...

"Built in the Forties.....
19's, not 18's.
Survivor condition.
Some parts still work.
All offers considered.
All sales final." Gotta love that little lady...... :) :) :)

Love the T-shirt.
Gotta love that little lady..... 😊

Matthias

No range time yet but I installed it and love the magnification of the Turret.

It is taller than the low turrets of the Leupolds but hopefully worth it.

Time at the range and field will tell.

20220307_171314.jpg
20220307_171240.jpg

This popped on my IG feed the other day and I decided to try one out.

I can't read the turrets without my readers on. At the range it's not an issue but in a hunting situation and low light it's an annoyance at a minimum and could be a hindrance.

I'll post up my thoughts once installed. First set will be on a VX6-HD 34mm tube. Those turrets are very low so I assume I'll have to raise my head slightly to read them.

View attachment 342397View attachment 342398View attachment 342399
Hmmmm.........getting old is a BITCH.......but, still better than the other alternative. :) :) :)

For the guys that might be considering one for their scope. To install, you just pry open the mount ring enough to get it slipped over the scope tube. I could find no instructions, so I finally pryed the plastice mount ring hoop apart until it slipped over my scope tube.
I had to shave off fat spots on mine to get the plastic mount to fit between my scope rail and scope tube for installation. No way was I gonna pull my scope off my receiver to mount this thing.

Here's something to consider. I backpack hunt. I can't have this magnifier lens sticking up above the scope tube to the extent it does if permanently mounted in place. Just gonna get in the way. So it needs to be rotated out of the way for my use. I purchased their 30mm scope tube sized mount. Then I installed some 2-sided tape to my 1" scope tube, and left the plastic coating on the one side. Mounted the 30mm-sized hoop around my 1" tube and then positioned it over the spacer tape, so I can rotate the magnifying lens off to either side while packing my rifle around. Then if I need the magnifier to see my turret markings, I'll rotate it up and into place so I can see, and properly adjust my elevation turret.

The mount could definitely be improved so a guy doesn't have to take a grinder and Exacto blade to get it installed onto a mounted scope, without having to remove the scope from the ring mounts. That's annoying. After I've sighted in my rifle, no way am I gonna pull the scope in order to install this magnifier, and then refasten the scope to my rail. So between a metal cutting blade on my 4 1/2" grinder, and an Exacto razer blade, I got this sucker to slide between my integral BAT action rail, and my 1" scope tube. It doesn't make a guy feel great to have to grind and cut on a new product in order to mount it on the scope tube, with the scope attached to the action.

My 2 cents...

😊 Thanks for that very helpful review — so much better than the sponsor pleasing bla-bla on the MeTube.

Your tips and how to make it work better are excellent. 👍🏼 I have a similar situation where the magnifier might get bonked — so as not to break off it would be great to have it roating.

I just bought a dope card holder off SH that is mounted with a strong elastic band — same idea of not being rigidly mounted in order to prevent damage when hunting or transporting it in less than a 5***** gun case.

Matthias

I now bought a handful of the turret magnifyers from MK Machining.
30mm and 34mm.
When they have a sale, which they do frequently, it's worth buying once-and-for all my scopes.

They are nice. I'm glad I didn't go with the cheapos with the inferior glass.... 👍🏼

Matthias

LOL...FWIW, I use these on a couple of my comp rifles.

I need to be able to see the turrets when dialing for multiple targets on each stage and they do work well.

The only challenge I've experienced is when I can't move it closer or farther away from the turret due to the mounts.

I think it's more about the issues with your eyes, so some may need it closer while others need it a little farther away.

Recent Posts