Scope Thoughts

goat2244

Building a new 280ai. with as much carbon fiber as I can get my hands on. Any recommendations on lightweight scopes?

I'm a big fan of the VX-6 and VX-5 Leupolds as well as the Trijicon Accupoint 3-18x50 and 4-24x50's.

I'm sure you can find lighter especially if you want to go to a 40-42mm OBJ and especially in a fixed 6-10x but those are what I prefer.

Kreuger Optical was producing some CF rifle scopes that were ridiculously light a few years back but I haven't heard anything about them in quite a while.

I'm running a VX-5hd 3-15x44 on my 280ai. I really like the scope. I don't have any experience with the Z5 but wouldn't hesitate giving it a try. Theres doesn't seem to be many lightweight options out there aside from Leuo or Swaro for under 20oz.

As with every one of these threads it matters what your intentions are, and you've listed none. If you don't plan to dial you have lots of viable "lightweight" options. If you plan to dial then your choices start to matter more.

Last edited:
GIF by Giphy QA

I am bullish on Tract scopes and love the Leupold VX5 line. I would like to get my hands on one of the little Maven 2-10x scopes to check out the glass quality but those are very lightweight.