Scope mounts

I'm ignorant about that issue. I would like to know more if anyone has any info?

It's not an issue. You would have to really heat up an action to make any expansion. The barrel may heat up but not the action. And you have to put a ton of shots out in very fast succession to transfer that much heat to the action to have any issue.

Talley Aluminum. I like one piece scope mounts. Simple is better. Just less screws to loosen up. Although, using blue medium Locktite, I've never had a scope screw loosen. Take a look at the weight of your scope. What is the point of an ultra light rifle with a two pound scope? Leupold 2x7 VX-2 ultra light scopes weigh about 9 oz. I find they work fine out to about 350 yards.

Talley one-piece mounts is what I went with. Just be sure to torque all screws to specs and blue loc-tite on the bases but not on the rings.

I use the nf 20moa rail with the recoil lug and nf ultralight rings. I know they are not the lightest option but they have never let me down. I am fairly abusive to my elk rifle and i have not touched the scope mount since originally mounted other than needlessly rechecking the torque each year...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.