S. Dakota.

publius

Might be moving to SD soon, likely Sioux Falls. Looks like the worst spot in the State for hunting?

Doesn't appear to be any prarie dogs in that area or elk and Mule Deer? I am just really nervous coming from Mississippi. We shoot as many whitetails as we wan't (and it's easy.) Good ducks although they have some education by the time they get to us. Some of the plusses, Pheasant, prarie dogs at least in the same state, same with elk and mules. Biggest plus is the amount of ducks and getting first shot at them. What really makes me nervous is having to go from private land hunting my whole life to trying to compete with everyone to scratch out a place. The primary reason is I get to live in the best State in The Union, S. Dakota. I don't know of any other State that had a surplus at the end of the year? You have the best Governor who has ever existed and there is no crime.

I do envy you! I have wanted to spend a weekend in Sioux Falls, but haven't yet. I do go out to S.D. every year, at least ten so far, to prairie dog shoot. The area around Winner has some lodges that are good for it. I really like Prairie Highlands Lodge. The Harmon's are tops for hosts and food is five star! He has some excellent p.d. towns,too.
You will also have to visit Mitchell! Lots to see and do there. S.D. has all kinds of game to hunt. A very friendly state. Enjoy it you lucky guy!

why did you pick Sioux Falls? there is a lot of public land CRP,CREP, School Lands etc, the National Grasslands. and the spring snow goose season if I remember correctly limit 50 or is it unlimited lots of Archery and black powder rifle deer tags available. lots of pheasant hunting especially along county roads. I love it here. it does have its ups and downs though. I live 30 miles west of Mitchell and have my own target range

Recent Posts