Ruger M77 300 WM Muzzle Break Suggestions

moose727

Looking for suggestions on a Muzzle Break for my 300 WM it has the iron sights on it any suggestions???

I would think a Hawkins Precision or a titanium pro. Do you have any kind of scope on it too? do you have a gunsmith in mind? If you do I would give him a call and see what they say. I have a Hawkins break on my 7mag and shooting 180 its a pleasure to shoot. I would say it has less recoil then my 270win with no break easily. Probably close to a 243.

I would think a Hawkins Precision or a titanium pro. Do you have any kind of scope on it too? do you have a gunsmith in mind? If you do I would give him a call and see what they say. I have a Hawkins break on my 7mag and shooting 180 its a pleasure to shoot. I would say it has less recoil then my 270win with no break easily. Probably close to a 243.
3/9/40 Ziess and i have gun smiths around but everything will depend on $$$$$$

I found out that i have to have the front sight removed so looks like the muzzle break will not be happening... Thanks again
I am not sure who told you that but I have seen plenty of Ruger M77 MKIIs with front iron sight and muzzle brake. What is the distance from the sight to the muzzle? Have you consulted a reputable/competent gunsmith that is going to thread the barrel? Hopefully, the resident gunsmiths will chime in.

I am not sure who told you that but I have seen plenty of Ruger M77 MKIIs with front iron sight and muzzle brake. What is the distance from the sight to the muzzle? Have you consulted a reputable/competent gunsmith that is going to thread the barrel? Hopefully, the resident gunsmiths will chime in.
roughly about 1/4 in if that

Can you post a picture of the rifle, esp. the front sight area?
1643735184910.png

this is the front sight however this isn't my rifle

View attachment 336909
this is the front sight however this isn't my rifle
Yeah, that's too tight. I am not sure it there is an after market sight that will allow more room for thread.

Another option is magnaporting but I am not a fan. You have to decide which one is more important to you; keeping the front sight it reduction in felt recoil/ muzzle rise.

Yeah, that's too tight. I am not sure it there is an after market sight that will allow more room for thread.

Another option is magnaporting but I am not a fan. You have to decide which one is more important to you; keeping the front sight it reduction in felt recoil/ muzzle rise.
I will keep the front sight and hunt with my new Kimber Hunter 270 Win... thanks for the intel

So i actually took into a Gunsmith and found out that I can put a muzzle brake on my Ruger 300WM. He looked it up and found out that the front sight is removable so i will I have turned it in and getting a Hollands muzzle brake installed and still get to keep my front sight. I am EXCITED TO TRY IT OUT!!!!!!!!!! I should get it back in a couple of weeks 😁😁😁

So i actually took into a Gunsmith and found out that I can put a muzzle brake on my Ruger 300WM. He looked it up and found out that the front sight is removable so i will I have turned it in and getting a Hollands muzzle brake installed and still get to keep my front sight. I am EXCITED TO TRY IT OUT!!!!!!!!!! I should get it back in a couple of weeks 😁😁😁
I am glad it all worked out for you. Have fun with it. Below is my Ruger M77 MKII in .338 WM, also with Holland's QD brake.

.338 WM2.jpg

Recent Posts