Remington Jeweled Bolts

I would like to add that the new Remarms Remington 700 ADL, SPS, and Long Range have "fake" jeweling. This fake jeweling is essentially a stencil job with the cerakoting, so it is not real jeweling done with the jeweling machine. With my ADL that I turned into a 7mm STW, I sanded off the jeweling and rust blued the bolt and receiver so everything matches. Only the BDL, CDL, SPS Stainless, and Sendero II SF have real jeweling.

I put my remarms 700 ADL 7mm RM into a KRG Bravo stock. I can overlook the poor "jeweling" when they shoot this good. Three shot groups with the paper at 100 yards and the steel at 550 yards.
1715164756603.jpeg
1715164640103.jpeg

I like a jeweled bolt, it does wear off in due time, rather quickly if you shoot much.

I just finished a build on one of the new actions a guy brought me. It had a nice looking finish, and a clean polished blued bolt. I went through it and looked and measured everything. Sadly the face was not true to the bolt and the lugs had to be squared as well. The firing pin needed a bushing for the hole as well. They did do well on the bolt timing and firing pin assembly. The rifle does shoot really good, and the bolt runs really smooth.

Jeweling the bolt body does have a purpose besides looks. The jeweling holds lubricant better than does a smooth or fluted bolt. Can argue if you want just how effective it is at that, but that is the usual reason, other than marketing, for doing it.

Earliest jeweling known to me is on Miller Racing Engines and Bugatti firewalls - late 1920's into the start of WW II. In both of those cases it was purely cosmetic.

I'm not a fan of fluted anything. When I see a spiral fluted barrel all that I can think of is "Coil Spring".

You shot one recently?
Well no actually. See, it couldn't chamber a round new out of the box and had to go straight back for warranty work. Big Green keeping it classy in New York, maybe once they move to GA their quality won't be so poor.

And anyways, it was a joke. Lighten up Francis.

Well no actually. See, it couldn't chamber a round new out of the box and had to go straight back for warranty work. Big Green keeping it classy in New York, maybe once they move to GA their quality won't be so poor.

And anyways, it was a joke. Lighten up Francis.

They've already moved to GA and have been making guns there for a little while now. I've seen GA marked ones in stores and the remarms produced rifles have been excellent quality.

Yes the Remington rifles from the time freedom group started running them into the ground until they filed bankruptcy sucked.

Get with the times.

Recent Posts