7mm PRC magazine box tuning

ewnanney

Hey guy's another build question for anyone running BDL box for the 7PRC. I have Wyatt Oberndorf bottom metal and Defiance classic LA. I am having trouble getting action to feed properly from box. Anyone have feed lip measurements that work well with 7prc cartridge? The first round from box feeds correctly, but second round releases to action when unchambering the first round. Don't know if my follower spring is too strong or I don't have the box feed lips adjusted correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using an MB2 Wyatt's Extended mag? I was having issues with the Wyatt with the spring providing to much pressure causing it to feed incorrectly and scratching the brass. By using a vise I took majority of the tension out of the spring and it feeds flawlessly. You don't have to go to that extreme, but using pliers, you can do the same at each spring section until you get exactly what you want.

I think you are using a hinged floor plate and BDL box? If so may want to check as there are two Classic actions with a the magnum bolt face, one has rails for magnum cartridges and the other for ultra magnum cartridges, I have one of each.