Reloader 26 in 6.5 creedmoor

This year I used my 7mm-08 on my mule deer but it was at 65 to 70 yards. 168ABLR moving pretty slow but still can reach out there if needed. I was just looking for a stupid deer this year. Meat in the freezer. Little 3x2 which did the classic I running 70 yards and then turn around and look at you. That is the exit hole. Entry hole was really small. Heart, lung and liver was all hit which I'm not sure how that all happen. It was a really up hill shot and slight quartering towards me. So it exited a little further back. Entry was right in the pocket/ crease behind the front leg.

Attachments

• 450F4FAB-5A44-4B60-BCA2-F1AA313ED857.jpeg
    450F4FAB-5A44-4B60-BCA2-F1AA313ED857.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
Lol gotta love when someone asks for proof, and infers that everyone else is being unsafe and unrealistic, then everyone provides proof of exactly what they said wasn't possible and was unsafe.
Some people were saying they are getting those numbers from a 6.5 CM. I know the 6.5 PRC can.

Lol gotta love when someone asks for proof, and infers that everyone else is being unsafe and unrealistic, then everyone provides proof of exactly what they said wasn't possible and was unsafe.
I'm with ya. There are some people on here saying their 6.5 CM are hitting those velocities with like a 22" barrel. The 6.5 PRC can do it all day long. Wish people would read the thread before just chiming in not knowing the full conversation.

RL-26 will get you close to 3200 fps with a 140gr bullet out of a 6.5PRC. I don't know where do you get your numbers but Hornady reloading manual says you'll get 3150fps from a 24" barrel using 57.0Gr of RL-26. 140 Bergers tend to be a little faster and reloading manuals tend to stay on the safer side. Maybe you're the one that hasn't made your homework.View attachment 401158
Are people really not ready my comments Or do they not know the difference between a 6.5 CM and a 6.5 PRC? Go back and read what I wrote. Yes I no the 6.5 PRC can hit 3200 FPS With a 140 ish grain bullet. I have Hornady, Berger, Hodgdon, Nosler, Speer reloading books that help guid me.

Are people really not ready my comments Or do they not know the difference between a 6.5 CM and a 6.5 PRC? Go back and read what I wrote. Yes I no the 6.5 PRC can hit 3200 FPS With a 140 ish grain bullet. I have Hornady, Berger, Hodgdon, Nosler, Speer reloading books that help guid me.
So, do you ONLY use reloading books to help guide your reloading?

Do you ever use Quickloads or personal experience to help guide your reloading?

If I can get 2800fps with my 26 inch savage out of a 143 or 142 I'll be happy. Seem from what I've been looking up it seem doable but the Starline brass I have seem like its a little light on the case capacity compared to other. I just need to get another scope cause I'm tired of the musical chair things I've been doing between 3 guns.

I get 2780 with 140 eld-m and h-4350. 41.5 grains, starline brass, fed 210m. I'm on 4th loading with tight pockets still.

26 in barrel , 6.5 creedmoor . I have a bunch of rl-26 but with how accurate things are now I'll just leave things alone. Right now my 6.5 prc has only gained me 200fps with the same bullet .

26 in barrel , 6.5 creedmoor . I have a bunch of rl-26 but with how accurate things are now I'll just leave things alone. Right now my 6.5 prc has only gained me 200fps with the same bullet .
Thanks!
Yeah, the PRC is not a wayyyy bigger case. 200fps is a solid step up. They all serve purposes.

Really highly doubt it would be the powder. It's a possibility I guess. This piece of brass is from my 22in barrel with the 140 eld at 2911. Slight ejector smear and primer is a little flat so i backed off .5.View attachment 400408
Maybe I got a bad batch of R26 then. Any body want it I got about 10 #s of it. I dont get anywhere near 3000 fps from my CM shooting 140 grain Berger's. I dont even know how long I been reloading for it. I think I got it back in 2008 or 2009.
ST Might be worthwhile to post a photo of your fired brass and closeup of shot primer. I suspect it will resemble a very mild load…if not then it might be your barrel.
**my range notes couple years ago shooting my 22" Sporter Ultra light Kimber with 140 ELDMs was 2950. Had no adverse pressure signs primer flattened - no cupping, very mild bolt lift (had to look for it). I was using Starline Brass (rifle loved it) and CCI BR2 primers shot single ragged holes without any probs. That barrel lasted me close to 3000 and was looking for more before I replaced it with a 28" Carbon Fibre. Same weight and 6 more inches my fav hunting rifle. I always felt the BR2s make the R26 sweeter
61EEA4C7-0209-4C60-8163-F0F6F9976E72.jpeg

Last edited:
If I can get 2800fps with my 26 inch savage out of a 143 or 142 I'll be happy. Seem from what I've been looking up it seem doable but the Starline brass I have seem like its a little light on the case capacity compared to other. I just need to get another scope cause I'm tired of the musical chair things I've been doing between 3 guns.
Starline is fine. Peterson's and Alpha have allot less. I never could get any speed out of those two.

So what COL length are ya'll running your cartridges at? I started getting great amounts of compression at 2.820. I'm pretty sure I had my die set up to 2.810 and had to seat and turn the case and seat again and do this about 4 times to get the correct seating depth but I maybe really screwing this up. I think I seen Hornady data had the COL at 2.800. I was just suppressed at the amount of compression of the load.