Red dot for Revolvers

I run the trijicon SRO or Ultradot on all of my wheelguns.

Attachments

• IMG_9098.jpeg
    IMG_9098.jpeg
    720.9 KB · Views: 40
The only red dot I have used was a cheap unit that was destroyed by a SW500. I'm looking for the best option for 6" Python. I realize I'm going to need to install an adapter mount in lieu of the rear sights. This will be used for range and hunting on occasion. Max range will be probably be 50 yards. Budget depends on value. I was thinking RMR, but not sure if other options would be as good at a lower price point.
Thoughts from the experts?
I have minimal experience with it and not with revolvers. I have the Vortex Venom on my 9MM Walther PPQ.

For what it is worth.

Good luck!

Ed

I appreciate the input. I guess any aiming device can have issues. I have really never trusted them for CC or SHTF situations.

I originally was going to just replace the rear sights with the Wilson Combat, but thought more about the intended purpose of this revolver. Improving my ability to more precisely put rounds on target at around 50 yards or so was my primary objective. I need to make a decision on the sights before purchasing a holster.

I'm curious how the motion activated function works when carrying in a chest holster rig. It would seem to stay on all the time if you were moving around while carrying. Battery life may be impacted unless you have fiber optic and tritium illumination.

I appreciate the input. I guess any aiming device can have issues. I have really never trusted them for CC or SHTF situations.

I originally was going to just replace the rear sights with the Wilson Combat, but thought more about the intended purpose of this revolver. Improving my ability to more precisely put rounds on target at around 50 yards or so was my primary objective. I need to make a decision on the sights before purchasing a holster.

I'm curious how the motion activated function works when carrying in a chest holster rig. It would seem to stay on all the time if you were moving around while carrying. Battery life may be impacted unless you have fiber optic and tritium illumination.
The trijicon SRO battery can stay on for over a year….
I put a fresh one in at the start of season…

Mark37082, I failed to mention, on the Burris Fastfire 4, it has an auto bright mode and shuts itself down after 8 hours ……saving the battery but keeping the handgun on the ready for the duration on most day hunts! memtb

I've been researching sights and mounting options for the new Colt Python. Nothing is easy. I'm struggling with finding a mounting solution for a reflex without involving a gunsmith and drilling on the new Colt. This is disappointing. It has me looking at Wilson Combat sights again.

Just received the Wilson Combat rear sights. The are pricey, but a significant improvement over what came from the factory. One day I may go with a reflex on the Python, but not sure I want to have it drilled and tapped at this point.

Just received the Wilson Combat rear sights. The are pricey, but a significant improvement over what came from the factory. One day I may go with a reflex on the Python, but not sure I want to have it drilled and tapped at this point.
I prefer S&W's. But I would not do that to a Python. I have and would do it to a newer S&W.

Recent Posts