Premium 22LR Rifles

Something used will probably be your best bet outside of the CZ. I own two Coopers, a 22lr and 22wmr, both are tack drivers, neither were outside your price range when I bought them, but that was a long time ago; if you can find one used, I think you will be pleased. The Anschutz rifles are notoriously accurate, but I have no experience with them. I own sever rimfire rifles, but nothing I have compares to the Cooper.

I love 22 RF rifles. Have owned many, many, many kinds. For a classy hunting type 22 RF, that is an exceptionally accurate gun and makes a good candidate for many generations to inherit it: Anschutz model 54 Sporter with the regular profile barrel and open sights. The CZ model 452 American, nice walnut stocks and high gloss blue finish, is also a very nice rifle if budget doesn't allow the Anschutz.

If you could find one of these it might work, I think the Weatherby XXII is top-notch for the money, I've had one for quite a few years and find no fault in it as a higher-end hunting .22 lr. Cheers

Weatherby XXII 1.jpg

Like the few gents above.. check out the Steyr Zephyr II.

Unfortunately, Steyr has stopped importing them stateside and - for that matter - has stopped production entirely at this point (per the Steyr Rep I spoke to a couple months back). You can still find one occasionally on the new shelf and via the used market.

I love my CZ 452s.. but dang, my Zephyr IIs are being grabbed first more and more frequently.