Parts are comming together - With video

I feel that I get a better grip on the bolt with it. I also shoot some matches where time counts and it helps a little there.

Got some new rings yesterday, made by Barrett. They are for scopes with 26mm tube now but they will be taken up to accept my 30mm tube.
They might be to high but ill give it a try.

ag90rings.jpg

Last edited:
Update:

I now know that the barrel in fact bends when I shoot with the brake mounted, and accuracy is about null. I tied without the brake to day and got much better groups. I guess the thin original barrel is to weak or something.

Then again, I will rebarrel, and I want to use a brake since I cant handle heavy recoil that good, my head starts to ache after about 5 rounds or so from the bench. :-(

Here are todays results without the brake, with 190gr SMK, one 5 shot group, the rest is 4 shot groups. Only from 75m and light wind. Temp was +3.2c.

tb1.jpg

tb2.jpg

tb3.jpg

Yesterdays groups with the brake mounted was all about 5 - 7cm c-c.

Update:

I now know that the barrel in fact bends when I shoot with the brake mounted (Blank here on the board saw it with his own eyes), and accuracy wasn´t that good. I tied without the brake to day and got much better groups. I guess the thin original barrel is to weak or something.

Then again, I will rebarrel, and I want to use a brake since I cant handle heavy recoil that good, my head starts to ache after about 5 rounds or so from the bench. :-(

Here are todays results without the brake, with 190gr SMK, one 5 shot group, the rest is 4 shot groups. Only from 75m and light wind. Temp was +3.2c.

tb1.jpg

tb2.jpg

tb3.jpg

Yesterdays groups with the brake mounted was all about 3.5 - 4cm c-c.

Last edited:
This weekend I tried the load that worked best with the brake mounted on the 300m range. The result is not
as good as I had hoped for but remember that it is a factory rifle, light weight, flimsy and weak stock, poor bedding and a
thin original barrel, that is a little crooked (according to the smith).
The wind was changing direction and force all the time, my wind meter showed 1-4.5 m/s.

First is a 5 round group shot from prone with bipods.
tbild3001.jpg

On this target I fired 5 rounds, adjusted the scope .5 MOA up and fired 4 more rounds. The orange dot is 3".
tbild3002.jpg

With the new heavier stock and a proper bedding I belive it can do better.
Oh, the load, 220gr SMK, 75gr H1000, CCI 200, W-W Super brass. OAL 3.515

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts